EDAToolsCafe
   >> Linux for Electronics Design Automation
Thread views: 1447 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

two
(Stranger )
10/19/17 11:10 PM
Automation schematic software for linux Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, Is anyone aware of a good linux program for drawing automation schematics? Not PCB design, circuit simulation and fine electronics. Industrial automation.

Example:

I looked at a couple of different EDA applications, but did not find any functionality for multiple sheets in a single schematic. I will also need cross-reference symbols to handle nets/symbols that go across multiple sheets.

Perhaps someone knows about an EDA application with multiple sheets and good scripting capabilities to create the cross-reference system?

Solution: I ended up using gschem with some custom scripts for cross-references and titleblock stuff. They can be found here.

Amelialily
(Stranger )
12/08/17 09:40 PM
Re: Automation schematic software for linux new [re: two]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I haven't done this is a very long time (more than 10 years now) but what I used to do to draw cabinet wiring schematics is to use a PCB design tool and build my own custom component library.

http://www.landtechindia.com

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Internet Business Systems © 2018 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise