EDAToolsCafe
   >> Design Automation Products
Thread views: 1843 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

junnny
(Stranger )
11/22/17 12:45 AM
Prepare a senior design project on home automation Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Me and my friend are preparing a senior design project on home automation. I have several things in my mind such as controlling drapes, lights, fans with an IOS application.

We started everything from scratch and came up with a great NTC controlled fan and etched it on a PCB as follows 

However, here's our bottleneck . Although this circuit works perfectly fine and dandy, this is kind of not we want. We want a user to control the fan, which made us realized this circuit is a total waste because it is independent of the user, turns up the fan when the temperature goes high not when the user wants it to turn up. What we really want to implement is using something that can be controlled with a phone and works as a switch.

How do you think we can do this? We have this in mind : 

We are writing an IOS app with Xcode and we use ESP8266 Wifi module(http://www.kynix.com/Detail/732620/ESP8266.html) to bridge our phone to a web server which makes the connection between the phone and system. Do you think we can go from here? If so, what should we do to make this system work ?

Jump to

ClioSoft at DAC
Altair

Internet Business Systems © 2018 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise