>> Design Automation Products
Thread views: 1173 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
06/26/17 02:20 AM
DS18B20 temp sensor conversion time Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am working on the DS18B20 temp sensor implementation. Code is running well. But have a question related to the "conversion time".

Chip ds18b20 datasheet states I should wait the given time (hundreds of ms) after issuing the "start_conversion" command, before I can go on reading the data registers (to get the temperature).

What I saw is, and here is my question, I do not HAVE to wait. My code runs using both 750ms or 0ms as a wait time. Data register have some values and I can get them without problems.

So how it works? Have I wait or not. What's the data in the data register if the wait time is shorter then required ?

My personal filling is that I do not have to wait, I just CAN wait for THIS conversion. But I can read register any time but will just get the latest stored temperature. Could be not the one I asked for starting conversion few clock cycles before ...

Jump to

Internet Business Systems © 2018 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise