Glasgow, Scotland, September 2015 – Gold Standard Simulations Ltd. (GSS) In partnership with collaborators from GLOBALFOUNDRIES, IMEC, The Fraunhofer Institute, TU Wien, The University of Granada and the University of Glasgow, Gold Standard Simulations has co-authored 9 papers that will be presented at The International Conference on Simulation of Semiconductor Processes and Devices (SISPAD) next week (Washington, DC, September 9-11, 2015). SISPAD is the premiere Technology Computer Aided Design conference in the world highlighting the challenges at the cutting edge of materials and semiconductor research, showcasing the most advanced simulation tools, methodologies and technologies for the semiconductor industry.
These papers cover a wide range of topics from advanced physical simulation to SPICE circuit simulation, highlighting GSS is at the forefront of model and tool development for contemporary and future nano-scale CMOS technologies including bulk, FDSOI and FinFET. GSS tools are unique in their predictive capabilities for future and advanced devices providing accurate physical simulation of the combined impact of global process and local statistical variability in nano-CMOS.
GSS has recently extended its tool-chain to facilitate the usage of TCAD for true Design-Technology co-Optimisation (DTCO) by providing a fully automated TCAD to SPICE model to circuit simulation tool chain/flow. These capabilities, in combination with the predictive abilities of the GSS TCAD software (GARAND) provide an indispensable set of tools for early technology development and technology optimisation.
GSS has co-authored the following papers at this year’s SISPAD:
- Advanced TCAD Simulation of Local Mismatch in 14nm CMOS Technology FinFETs, (GSS, GLOBALFOUNDRIES)
- Impact of Backplane Configuration on the Statistical Variability in 22nm FDSOI CMOS, (GSS, GLOBALFOUNDRIES)
- Multi-Sub-band Ensemble Monte Carlo Simulation of Si Nanowire MOSFETs, (GSS, University of Granada, University of Glasgow)
- Comprehensive ’Atomistic’ Simulation of Statistical Variability and Reliability in 14 nm Generation FinFETs, (GSS, University of Glasgow)
- Interplay between quantum mechanical effects and a discrete trap position in ultra-scaled FinFETs, (GSS, University of Glasgow)
- Reliability aware Simulation Flow: from TCAD Calibration to Circuit Level Analysis, (GSS, IMEC, University of Glasgow)
- Physical Simulation of Si-Based Resistive Random-Access Memory Devices, (GSS, University of Glasgow)
- 3D Electro-Thermal Simulations of Bulk FinFETs with Statistical Variations, (GSS, TU Wien, University of Glasgow)
- Hierarchical Variability-Aware Compact Models of 20nm Bulk CMOS, (GSS, Fraunhofer Institute IISB (Erlangen), University of Glasgow)
The papers will be available for download from the GSS web page shortly after the end of the conference.
About Gold Standard Simulations
Gold Standard Simulations Ltd is the world leader in predictive simulation nano-CMOS devices including statistical variability and reliability. The company’s simulation tool chain enables the physical simulation of performance and statistical variability and reliability in contemporary and future CMOS technologies, statistical compact model extraction and statistical circuit simulation using “push button” cluster-based technology. For more information visit http:// www.GoldStandardSimulations.com.
The International Conference on Simulation of Semiconductor Processes and Devices (SISPAD) provides an international forum for the presentation of the leading-edge research and development results in the area of process and device simulation. SISPAD is one of the longest-running conferences devoted to technology computer-aided design (TCAD) and advanced modelling of novel semiconductor devices and nano-electronic structures.
The SISPAD conference series provides an open forum for the presentation of the latest results and trends in process and device simulation. The conference is the leading forum for Technology Computer-Aided Design (TCAD) and is held alternatingly in the United States, Japan, and Europe in September.
The 20th SISPAD conference will be held on September 9-11, 2015 in Washington D.C.
Gold Standard Simulations Ltd