Walden C. Rhines, chairman and CEO, Mentor Graphics; Dr. Shang-Yi Chang, senior vice president of R&D, TSMC; and Mike Muller, chief technology officer, ARM, to headlineSAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 29, 2011 — (PRNewswire) — UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced the details of ARM TechCon. The event will be held October 25-27, 2011 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California and will offer the most comprehensive forum for learning about technology based on the ARM architecture. The forum enables hardware and software designers to enhance their ARM design expertise and engage with the extensive ARM ecosystem. Online registration is now open for both conference attendees and media.
"With more than 25 billion ARM processor-based chips shipped to date, and an ecosystem of more than 850 companies, ARM technology continues to expand beyond mobile. It continues to drive innovation in new and existing markets, such as networking, printers, storage and digital TV," said David Blaza, vice president, UBM Electronics. "As a global leader in media, events and marketing services for the electronics industry, UBM is excited to leverage our strategic event management, content expertise and deep, targeted audience reach to deliver an extraordinary event."
The ARM TechCon program includes more than 85 sessions led by industry experts teaching the latest strategies and techniques for designing or developing with ARM. The event addresses areas such as developing for open source platforms, low-power design, safety and security and the latest in human interface design. Attendees can select the content track that best suits their role in developing solutions based on the ARM architecture.
Industry thought leaders from across the ARM ecosystem will provide keynote addresses, theatre presentations and intimate fireside chats. Highlights include:
- Mentor Graphics Keynote by Walden C. Rhines, chairman and CEO, discussing issues related to measuring and enhancing product differentiation (9 a.m. Oct. 25)
- TSMC Keynote by Dr. Shang-Yi Chang, senior vice president of R&D, discussing the manufacturing challenges facing the industry and the value of collaboration across the development lifecycle (9:30 a.m. Oct. 25)
- ARM Keynote by Mike Muller, chief technology officer, which will look at the technological advances that will bring us to 2020 in 26 steps (9 a.m. Oct. 27)
The event is broken up into two halves:
- Chip Design Day, Oct. 25 – An intensive conference and exhibition for chip design teams working with ARM silicon IP and tools. Addressing the needs of ARM silicon Partners, with topics addressing ARM processor-based chip design and the software tools that enable such design.
- Software and Systems Design Days, Oct. 26-27 – System designers and software developers will enjoy two days of courses and exhibits for designing systems on the ARM architecture. Covering the hardware and software, tools needed to build ARM processor-based modules, boards and systems.
"For more than 20 years, ARM and ARM Partners have been at the heart of innovation in mobile and embedded computing. ARM TechCon has become the leading forum for this expansive ecosystem," said Lance Howarth, Executive Vice President of Marketing, ARM. "With such a wide array of sessions focused on best-in-class strategies for optimizing your ARM IP-based design, ARM TechCon 2011 promises to be the best yet. Attendees will have even more opportunity to learn from the brightest engineering minds in the ARM ecosystem, and to share their own knowledge with peers and colleagues."
For more information go to:
- Event website: http://e.ubmelectronics.com/armtechcon/index.html
- Event Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ARMTechCon
- ARM.com: www.arm.com/about/events/techcon-2011.php
For information on sponsorship details, please contact Sean Raman, Director of Sales at 415.947.6622 or Email Contact.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM LLC
UBM LLC is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: Email Contact
SOURCE UBM Electronics