NATICK, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 1, 2011 — MathWorks today announced Release 2011b (R2011b) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families. New in this release is the introduction of Simulink Code Inspector, which facilitates the review of source code generated from Simulink models. R2011b also updates 82 other products, including Polyspace embedded software verification products.
For MATLAB, R2011b highlights include:
- MATLAB: Faster startup on Windows with Startup Accelerator, reading and writing portions of arrays from MAT-files, and new spreadsheet import tool
- Parallel Computing Toolbox: Increase in local workers from 8 to 12
- Image Processing Toolbox: Parallel block processing of large images with Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Global Optimization Toolbox: Mixed integer nonlinear programming in genetic algorithm solver
- Statistics Toolbox: Lasso and elastic net for linear regression variable selection from high dimensional data sets
- Financial Derivatives Toolbox: Pricing and sensitivity calculations for sinking fund provisions, range bonds, and step up/down coupon bonds
- Data Acquisition Toolbox: Measurement support for IEPE accelerometers
- Instrument Control Toolbox: Bluetooth serial communication support
- Bioinformatics Toolbox: NGS Browser for viewing multiple tracks of sequence alignment data stored in SAM/BAM formats
- Robust Control Toolbox: Automatic tuning of arbitrary controller architectures
R2011b highlights for Simulink include:
- Simulink: Project manager for library, model component, script, and MAT-file configuration management
- Simulink Coder: Concurrent execution on multicore processors for host-based targets and xPC Target
- Embedded Coder: Code coverage with LDRA Testbed® and function execution profiling for SIL and PIL testing
- Simulink Fixed Point: Autoscaling using derived signal ranges
- Simulink Design Optimization: Frequency-domain constraints for model optimization
- SimElectronics: Semiconductor device models with temperature dependent behavior and configurable thermal ports
- SimEvents: Faster discrete-event simulation and simplified hybrid system modeling
- IEC Certification Kit: ISO 26262 support for Simulink Design Verifier and Simulink Verification and Validation
Release 2011b is available starting at 10:00 pm ET on September 1 and is being provided to users worldwide with current subscriptions to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service for installation. Additional information on R2011b product updates will be available at mathworks.com/products/new_products/latest_features.html.
Additionally, MATLAB Tour 2011, a series of one-day events across 24 cities worldwide, will highlight new capabilities in MATLAB and Simulink. For more details and to register visit: www.mathworks.com/mlt2011
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on these product families to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development in automotive, aerospace, electronics, financial services, biotech-pharmaceutical, and other industries. MathWorks products are also fundamental teaching and research tools in the world’s universities and learning institutions. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs more than 2200 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA.
For additional information, visit mathworks.com.
MATLAB and Simulink are registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc. See www.mathworks.com/trademarks for a list of additional trademarks. Other product or brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.