Location: Austin, TX
Design, implement, and productize latest video and audio algorithms, transport stream demutiplexers/descramblers in assembly language for embedded microprocessors for set-top box applications.
Job Requirements :
- Position requires BSEE, BSCS or equivalent. Masters degree preferable.
- 5+ years experience in microcontroller and/or DSP coding using assembler, C, Matlab, Unix/Linux.
- Experience with implementation of any of the following technologies:
- MPEG-1/2 Transport stream decoding/transcoding
- video codecs such as MPEG-2/MPEG-4, H.264, VC1
- audio codecs such as MPEG I/II Layers 1,2 and 3, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, AACPlus or similar.
- Audio/Video synchronization in MPEG transport streams
- video postprocessing algorithms such as deinterlacing and scaling
- audio postprocessing algorithms such as sample rate conversion and pitch shifting.
- strong teamwork and communication skills.
Our team provides firmware for next generation HDTV set-top box decoder chips which include MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264, and VC-1 video decoders, advanced audio algorithms, graphics, embedded CPUs, and lots of peripherals (PCI, USB2, SATA, smartcard, etc).
We have been trying to fill this position for a few months so if you are a microcode developer please contact me so I can chat with you.... please contact me if your interested as well and include a resume! Hope to hear from you soon.