EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA Weekly
Thread views: 12666 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
06/16/08 01:02 PM
DAC 2008 – Trepidation to Triumph Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

DAC 2008 – Trepidation to Triumph

Use this link to read the full article

Bill
(Unregistered)
06/16/08 01:02 PM
Nice article about DAC. Well done. new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Nice article about DAC. Well done.
I do think that the DAC organizers should think about the way the show is organised and I don't feel that the actual numbers of attendees is accurately reported. It would be good to have the numbers of people who were physically there. I hope you will have a chance to check that out since they have the RFID to interrogate.

JL Gray
(Unregistered)
06/16/08 02:58 PM
Fact Check - Blogging BoF new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Peggy,
Enjoyed your writeup of DAC. You've got a couple of factual errors in your discussion of the Blogging Birds of a Feather session, though. I (not David Lin) MC'd the event and gave the opening presentation. David Lin followed with an excellent presentation on corporate blogging. Steve Leibson gave the final presentation. Also, I work for Verilab, not Veritools. Check out my discussion of the BoF (with links to other writeups) on my blog at:
http://www.coolverification.com/2008/06/first-annual-bl.html
Take care,
JL
JL Gray
Verilab, Inc.
www.verilab.com
www.coolverification.com (blog)

Yves
(Unregistered)
06/17/08 06:11 AM
# of DAC attendees new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

To continue on Bill's point, I suggest to compare the audience in similar locations, i.e. Anaheim 2008 vs. 2005. To my knowledge, the number of people is usually proportional to the inverse of the distance with the Bay area. That could affect your conclusion at the start of the article.

John Blyler
(Unregistered)
06/17/08 07:45 PM
BoF on Blogging new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Peggy. Liked your last query concerning bloggers as members of the press. If all those of us had to do was blog, our lives would be so much better. Unfortunately, with access comes responsibility. But your conclusion said it all, namely "will there be a press room at all." C'est la vie!
P.S. For some odd reason, I can not increase the size of the "Discussion Mode" windows. So have of my text is invisible, at least to me. So there's bound to be a few grammatical errots.

Dave Kelf
(Unregistered)
06/18/08 02:16 PM
To blog or not to blog new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Peggy
As usually, I enjoyed your DAC write up, now post-DAC mandatory reading. Your insights on the blog sessions were particularly interesting. My question… where were the marketing guys? I expected to see 20 editors, 20 bloggers and about 100+ marketing folks from the exhibitors. EDA, and indeed journalism itself, is evolving on so many levels, so getting to grips with the shifting sands of opinion leadership has to be front and center on many marketing todo lists. Maybe I am wrong but I was surprised at the apparent lack of interest. Maybe that is another sign of EDA evolution, or in fairness maybe they were all too damn busy with the rest of the show.
Dave Kelf

djepayne
(Newbie)
06/19/08 08:56 AM
Re: To blog or not to blog new [re: Dave Kelf]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

<p>Dave,</p>
<p>I visited 17 companies at DAC and told each that, "I'm blogging for <a href="http://www.chipdesignmag.com/payne/">Chip Design Magazine</a>". They immediately let me speak with someone as if I were a member of the press.</p>
<p>I'll be controversial and claim that bloggers in 2008 have risen to the same status as members of the press for the EDA industry.</p>
<p>The marketing guys are lining up dinner meetings with important clients each day as the show ends.</p>

Daniel Payne
www.marketingeda.com

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy