EDAToolsCafe
   >> "DIG" - Design Implementation Group for MAGMA Users
Thread views: 49076 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mounirh
(Stranger )
03/28/03 03:43 PM
alternative to P cells new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We have a number of clients looking for auto device builders as an alternative to the Cadence P-Cell tools. Does anyone have experience with these products for mixed signal device processes that operate inder the Linux or Windows OS?

mgci
(Stranger )
03/30/03 10:17 PM
Re: alternative to P cells new [re: mounirh]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have been an Windows and DOS based layout tools for the past 16 years, only a few of the cell generation tools have really worked. I have worked with customers that have had working solutions with the following tools:
IC Editors - .cmd file builders, all custom
Silvaco - Expert layout system and Lisa macro programming language
Mentor - IC Station SDL proprietary language device builder
Avanti (Synopsys) - Cosmos - New tool only one customer that I have worked with

There tools listed are a bunch of other tools on the market, but these are ones that I have built custom designs with that went into production and worked.

I'm not going to claim that they are the best or weren't quirky, but we got the schedule on time and shipped the silicon.

koolanit
(Stranger )
03/31/03 10:58 AM
Re: alternative to P cells [re: mounirh]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Synopsys' Cosmos custom layout environment runs on Linux and provides programmable cells that can be used for automatic device generation. Cosmos' p-cells are written using the common Tcl scripting language with specific functions available for easily creating complex device generators required for any mixed signal device process.

In addition, Synopsys is actively engaged with a number of foundries to provide off-the-shelf Foundry Technology Kits (FTK) that include complete process technology files that include the Cosmos programmable device generators.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy