EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 30834 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
04/06/06 08:02 AM
Analog & Chip Industry in india, Quality Concerns new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Analog & Chip Industry in india, Quality Concerns

Use this link to read the full article

R. S.
(Unregistered)
04/06/06 08:02 AM
Hardly any data to support new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Authors has been looking at a recruiter's market and this is more of a story of a fresh fresher (1-2 yr.) of experience comparing his compensation to his colleagues and trying to digest these salary difference and eventually transitioning to bidge this gap. Semiconductor industry has been operating successfully in India for over 3 decades and over 2 decades for American overseas operations like TI. These companies have been delivering world class chips/IPs without any significant problem of attrition. Support your artical with data, pure comments aren't speaking very well.

Dave Doman
(Unregistered)
04/06/06 12:32 PM
Can we say San Jose, circa 1980-1990 Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

THe original article implies that there is an engineers market in India (and I agree). I rather disagree that this implies a lack of quality product out of that market. Not only have I had decent results with India resources in the past, but the "grab the engineers as they walk down the street" mentality that is implied in the original article reminds me of what was happening in the valley 20 years ago. We ALWAYS got good results out of the valley. I suspect that we will, also, from the subcontinent.

DKJ
(Unregistered)
04/13/06 07:35 AM
Not substantiated new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Seems like the author hasn't really studied the devices that are built out of India. The very same Multinationals that are talked about are moving not just design activity but also back end, post silicon activity to india. You talk to the multinational companies and they show off the mobile phones, set top boxes and other end products that the chips they design go into...no problem whatsoever. It is true that it is a designers market but any company worth its name in salt builds redundancy, architects and key designers don't jump jobs at the drop of a hat..The Indian semiconductor industry has reached critical mass, growth is slowing down to a manageable level. It is not a trainee industry...get the facts right...

pks
(Unregistered)
05/15/06 11:07 PM
report new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1528778,curpg-1.cms

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy