EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 7289 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
11/01/09 01:03 AM
As I anticipated, or should I say, "hoped"… EDA hiring is new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

As I anticipated, or should I say, "hoped"… EDA hiring is increasing. If your resume is missing these basic essentialp)ۉ][\[[]

Use this link to read the full article

Hillol Sarkar
(Unregistered)
11/01/09 01:03 AM
CEO new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

EDA is a bad shape no question about it. Cadence lost $15M in Q3.
EDA Companies are selective in matching their need. There are fundamental
issues in EDA. The new design start has to increase to hire more people.
VC funds are not availble for EDA unless 20X faster Spice simulator.
Electronics is requred in eanch and every vericals. RFID is required for
any mobile devices. M2M is required for modern factory. C2C communication
is required to avoid accidents. Bio-Technology has 75 percent silicon content.
All these laidoff EDA folks will move to these opportunities.
Hillol Sarkar
CEO
AgO Inc.
www.ago-inc.com

Girish Joshi
(Unregistered)
11/03/09 11:28 AM
Pre-Sales AE Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Mark is right on. Most resumes appear like a scrabble of words. 'Summary' is probably the most important part, which if phrased right, will provide the hiring manager enough information to want him/her to read the rest.
Shorter the resume, the more readable it gets. I have seen highly qualified and experienced individuals having a 'One' page resume and in its brevity it speak volumes. Every line item should have a unique value proposition.
If you are job hunting, then its absolutely essential that your LinkedIn profile is completely updated and syncs with the printed resumes that you send out. Almost every manager that I know of is looking at LinkedIn to get some background information. Get as many recommendations as possible.
Another important factor is general online presence. Employers are also looking at social sites such as Facebook and Myspace. Make sure that your online presence does not cause you any embarrassment down the road.

D Tin
(Unregistered)
11/22/09 05:21 PM
Marketing Director new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

EDA & Semi hiring is minimal due to the current macroeconomic conditions along with lack of VC funding, Semi book to bill ratio still at depressing levels and Asics taped out with a skelton crew working overtime with the product getting shelved if it doesn't meet the market window..
This article is ok (No disrespect intended) but doesn't give any insight or advice to seasoned & experienced EDA professionals who are actively looking out and very much aware of the reality of this market. Hiring is happening in very limited pockets for 2 segments -- One at the extreme high end (EVP/CTO levels) brought in by VC's and the other for AE's with 0-2 years experience who can be overworked & paid less. So the pockets that need to be filled are at the mid level which is not happening even though many recruiters would like to believe the opposite. Just bacause many companies or recruiters are posting reqs doesn't necessarily mean they are hiring -- it could be "dead reqs" or "holding pattern mode" till the next quarter and you never hear back from them.
I respectfully disagree with Mark on his opinions pertaining to how resumes should be written / EDA is hiring / etc and am of the opinion that this article conveys general ideas but misleading in some fronts especially in EDA hiring.
However we can only hope the worst is behind us and hopefully hiring process increases in leaps & bounds in the coming months.
Best Regards,
DTin

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy