>> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 9773 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

08/10/09 04:58 PM
DAC 2009 – Make mine a 10 x 10 new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

DAC 2009 – Make mine a 10 x 10

Use this link to read the full article

John McGehee
08/10/09 04:58 PM
The XJTAG hookers? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Calling XJTAG on the poor taste of their exhibit is fine. But attacking the women personally is over the top.
Two women shows up at a trade show in skimpy dresses, and you call them "hookers". That's a stretch. Of all the things I heard about the XJTAG girls, your comment is by far the most sexist and degrading.
To me, tricks like XJTAG girls are a red flag that smells of desperation. They were more than a social gaffe, they were a business error.

(Stranger )
08/11/09 10:52 PM
Re: The XJTAG hookers? new [re: John McGehee]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

As of Tuesday 8/11/09, in an open survey of the XJTAG Girls at DAC, out of 54 total responses 23% have generally agreed with this article's author by asserting the XJTAG Girls/the XJTAG DAC booth strategy was "Waaaay too naughty / inappropriate".  However, an equal number have responded, "They were an obvious success and I give XJTAG a hat tip".  The survey is open at least through tomorrow (and/or whenever I get to carve out time ot write the follow-on blog post with the survey results).  Cast your vote: http://bit.ly/QoVLu

Mike Santarini
08/13/09 03:37 PM
XJTAG--"what's wrong with being sexy?" new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

To quote Nigel from the movie Spinal Tap, "what's wrong with being 'Sexy?'” I think the comments about the XJTAG girls being a “business error” don’t stand up (sad as it may be to some people). In fact, if one were a newbie to EDA and were judging DAC from the aftermath coverage, they'd likely think there are only three companies at DAC: Denali, Synopsys and XJTAG. What does XJTAG do, you wonder? I'm sure most of you know more about the company than you did before DAC 46. If you wanna, know more you can read about XJTAG in Xilinx Xcell Journal issue 65? The technology is actually pretty cool.
Mike Santarini

Joao De Oliveira
08/14/09 02:02 AM
XJTAG -- Why being insulting Miss Peggy Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Miss Peggy (I can see several similarities here!), It is absolutly fine not to approve the use of models in any industry.
I have no problem with that at all, but I think you crossed the line by insulting the XJTAG models and women in general, instead of expressing your disaproval with the approach.
I prefer to beleive that this was done for effect, to be provocative, to "sell" more paper.
It is not very ethical, and I'm not sure how it compare to having sexy girls on a stand...
I always appreciate your articles, Keep up the good work, and try to enjoy life!

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

S2C: FPGA Base prototyping- Download white paper

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy