EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 6846 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

old grumpy EDA guy
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:03 PM
ESL 2.0 = EDA 4.0 new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ESL 2.0 = EDA 4.0

Use this link to read the full article

old grumpy EDA guy
(Unregistered)
Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Can't get to subsequent pages because of the Cadence transition page.
Please lose the Cadence advertising. Let me see the whole article.
Call me when it's fixed.
Ken Simone
(937) 684-2734

Annonymous
(Unregistered)
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The article is a bit of a mixed bag of things. It contains some extremely thought provoking comments and some fairly down beat views. What seems very surprising to me is the absence of any discussion of UML. UML expresses concurrency very well and has (at least some level of) acceptance in the software engineering world. Where are the UML + SystemC/SystemVerilog tools? Why isn't anyone talking about UML?

JOSEPH BOREL
(Unregistered)
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This aricle is very interesting showing the difficulty of a common definition and or understanding of the word ESL because of the various interests or knowledge of the different people behind the statements.
In my view we need to define ESL as a global target, without technical references today because most of them will be 80 wrong versus the final implementation and the sum of the remaining 20 will be the practical way to go.
For me, ESL is the path from "SW Application platforms" to RTL specs with architectural contraints on implementation versus application (speed, power consumption, manufacturability and dependability)
Cordially.
Jo Borel

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy