EDAToolsCafe
   >> Design Automation Products
Thread views: 37757 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

babylin
(Stranger )
08/14/04 02:45 AM
help needed to build traffic light controller Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

im a student currently studying eda tools, im supppsed to create a T junction traffic light controller using a BCD counter i designed earlier on. the stage counts are from 0 t0 3, 4, 5 , 6 to 8, 9 and den 10. can someone give mi a rough idea how to do it? i have totally no idea how to go about doing it.. thanx alot

kingcraft76
(Stranger )
08/18/04 12:49 AM
Re: help needed to build traffic light controller new [re: babylin]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Suppose you are studying eda tools as you said. Then, it may be very easy to implement trafic light controller by verilog, then do verification using any tool you prefer. And what's next? Synthesize it then FPGA or tape-out ? I am not clearly understand what kinds of eda tools you are interested in.

gterickson
(Stranger )
08/22/06 07:31 AM
Re: help needed to build traffic light controller new [re: babylin]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Certainly the most elegant way to do this would be to use an hdl. Do you have access to VHDL or Verilog Simulation and Synthesis tools? If so, you will need to create a hierachical model of your BCD design to use it in any subsequent traffic light controller. It would probably be easier to start over and do the entire design in VHDL or Verilog. I would recommend Verilog if you have the simuation tools for it instead of VHDL since Verilog is more widely used in the industry. Verilog looks very much like a computer programming language, so if you've done some programming, it should be fairly straight-forward to do. The construces are basically if-the-else or case statements. Since you are building a state machine for this exercise, a case statement would probably be the easiest construct to use.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy