12/20/06 03:42 AM
Nanosim Vs Eldo Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

WHich is best Among the following for Mixed signal verification

Nanosim or Eldo

Pls update me with ur experiences.

djepayne
(Stranger )
12/20/06 09:56 PM
Re: Nanosim Vs Eldo new [re: electron4u]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

NanoSim is a FastSPICE circuit simulator, while Eldo is a SPICE circuit simulator. Similar tools would be HSPICE and Eldo, or NanoSim and Mach TA (or ADiT).

Both companies have co-simulation between FastSPICE and SPICE, plus digital simulators. The full-blown system for Mentor is called ADVance MS allowing for co-simulation with ModelSim (digital), and with Synopsys they co-simulate with VCS (digital).

Both companies have real customers so it comes down to your preferred EDA supplier and your own benchmark results.

Daniel Payne
EDA Marketing Consultant

electron4u
(Stranger )
12/21/06 12:16 AM
Re: Nanosim Vs Eldo new [re: djepayne]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Daniel Payne,

Thanks for your reply.

I have both the environments set for me.
I would like to know for a chip which has equal analog and digital functionality which is better to use the nanosim+ VCS combination or ADMS.
Out of experience some people here in this forum can help me.

Thanks

NanoSim is a FastSPICE circuit simulator, while Eldo is a SPICE circuit simulator. Similar tools would be HSPICE and Eldo, or NanoSim and Mach TA (or ADiT).

Both companies have co-simulation between FastSPICE and SPICE, plus digital simulators. The full-blown system for Mentor is called ADVance MS allowing for co-simulation with ModelSim (digital), and with Synopsys they co-simulate with VCS (digital).

Both companies have real customers so it comes down to your preferred EDA supplier and your own benchmark results.

Daniel Payne
EDA Marketing Consultant

djepayne
(Stranger )
01/10/07 09:41 PM
Re: Nanosim Vs Eldo new [re: electron4u]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

I'm curious what you learned or decided. Did you just try and use either the Cadence or Mentor simulation tools?

Daniel Payne
EDA Marketing Consultant

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy