>> EDA Weekly
Thread views: 18966 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

03/26/07 09:03 AM
The Cleansing of Iximché Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The Cleansing of Iximché

Use this link to read the full article

03/26/07 09:03 AM
Sandeep new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I read the article you wrote from Mexico City from my home office at Pune. I work in a company headquartered in San Jose, CA (not San Jose, Columbia) its India office is in Hyderabad, India. But I work remotely from home and am located in Pune, Maharashtra.
Three cheers to globalization.
Sandeep Sathe

03/27/07 12:33 AM
Peggy and the world's provinces new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"[...] I am sitting at a lovely Starbucks in Mexico City, [...] which I will complete in tandem with my extra-hot, non-fat, vente white mocha here in this sunny patio in Mexico City, [...]
Could we look more stupid, more provincial, more America-centric [...]?"
It is interesting how you open your article on globalization with such provincial, American-centric statements yourself.
I guess, I could translate: 'globalization as long as I find my American products anywhere I go'?
Have you tried Mexican coffee while you were there? Maybe not, since they do not have a low-fat variety? And don't put chocolate in it?
Have you tried real Mexican food in a local restaurant, or do you prefer the California version of it?
After such an introduction what should I think about your viewpoint for the rest of the article? Written from a 'political correct' viewpoint or because you really feel about this?

An avid reader
03/28/07 03:43 PM
Back to the topic new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When did the EDA Weekly Review become a travel log and anti-American soapbox? This article had zero value with respect to EDA and only served to project some inane blather regarding American policies and "shouldn't we be ashamed to be American" propaganda.
Peggy, please try to stick to something at least tangential to EDA. Perhaps you should consider submitting this type of pointless commentary to Miss Huffington's Blog or some other polictical venue.
Perhaps this is just symptomatic of EDA being as exciting as a Starbucks store opening.

03/28/07 10:21 PM
A warped image it is new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It is interesting to know what is in the world were you thinking when you wrote this piece. It is not boring but dosent speak of anything about EDA or related issues. You seem to have taken on the role of a reporter for a daily. Hmm and again I dont see any connection between the comparisons you make of the events at DVCON and incidents in guatamala. Perhaps you are taking the cooley big-wig thing too seriously, which, it was never meant to be. I like your liberal views but some of them just get too carried away with that idea, really. You think globalisation is the new change sipping starbucks in mexico and working on HP laptop. Heck, thats no big deal, infact we were doing that even better more than 500 years back. No gizmos, but people in europe used horses from persia, spices from india, pearls from japan, silk from china and slaves and diamonds from africa. The international trade was fully open with no restrictions and duties and quotoas. So in a sense we are re-visiting the past.

03/30/07 03:36 PM
Keep writing new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Peggy:
Your articles are always different from the regular boring EDA postings. Don't let the critics get you down. At least you make it interesting and readable. Sometimes you have to go outside the EDA world and that is fantastic, after all EDA is a part of the wider world. That is also why I read your posting all the way to the end.
Write on.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

S2C: FPGA Base prototyping- Download white paper

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy