EDAToolsCafe
   >> Linux for Electronics Design Automation
Thread views: 241 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Lucy12345
(Stranger )
08/24/16 02:38 AM
DANGED LEDS of The Compatible Board Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I fell into one of my own favorite traps last week: the dreaded LED footprint mess.

I designed a board based on the Microchip PIC32 - it's a ChipKIT Arduino-compatible board - that has a number of RGB LEDs. on it. I used Part numberĀ LTST-C19HE1WT, from Lite-On. Their datasheet is easy to find, and they put the footprint information right up front, just the way we like it.

LTST-C19HE1WT RGB LED
Almost all is well, but I somehow missed taking my own advice, and I didn't double check the footprint.The footprint I used is more or less 180 degrees off from this one. The common Anode is still on pin 4, but the numbering is different. It's got pin one in the same place, then pin two is in the lower left. Pin 3 is on the same place, and pin 4 is on the upper right. That's the conventional pin numbering order.

Fortunately, the fix won't require any mod wires. If I rotate the LEDs 180 degrees, the anode will be in the right spot. All I'll need to do is adjust my software for the correct R, G, and B pin locations.

Unnim1935
(Stranger )
10/04/16 03:23 AM
Re: DANGED LEDS of The Compatible Board new [re: Lucy12345]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We are Leading Printd Circuit Board Manufacturer in united states.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy