EDAToolsCafe
   >> SPICE Discussion Board (including HSPICE)
Thread views: 26129 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

djepayne
(Stranger )
01/10/07 09:50 PM
HSIM, NanoSim, UltraSim, ADiT, AuSim... new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'd like to know which FastSPICE tools are favored these days by:

1) Big digital designs, memory, cache, DRAM, SRAM, Flash
2) Big digital, little analog
3) Mostly analog
4) RF

Did I miss any companies? (Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor, Berkeley DA, Nascentric)

Daniel Payne
EDA Marketing Consultant

CirSimGuy
(Stranger )
01/11/07 10:27 PM
Re: HSIM, NanoSim, UltraSim, ADiT, AuSim... [re: djepayne]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

> Did I miss any companies? (Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor, Berkeley DA, Nascentric)

Infinisim, though they're operating very much in stealth mode. Would you want to be anything else when you've just moved to Alviso? Peee-ewwww.

Xoomsys.

There's one other that may have had the last $ coming out of Telos, but they're more stealthy than the stealthiest thing you can think of, dressed in a long rain coat and pulled-down trilby hat.

brano
(Stranger )
01/12/07 06:15 AM
Re: HSIM, NanoSim, UltraSim, ADiT, AuSim... new [re: djepayne]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi djepayne,

below the answers according to my experience with NanoSim, HSIM and Mach-TA.

* Big digital design: NanoSim seems to be better than other two.
* all kind of memories: HSIM is absolutely the best one and judging from other people experiences HSIM doesn't have rivals;
* Big D + small A: it depends of design complexity (mostly the complexity of the analog part). In my opinion the best thing is to co-simulate HSIM with NCSim. It's a very robust and stable solution.
* mostly analog: HSIM is the best one and judging from other people experiences, other mature FastSPICE tools aren't at HSIM's level.
* RF: unfortunately I haven't had any experience on RF design.

Taking in consideration various evalutions I saw and the rumors from EDA world:

- Cadence UltraSim is less performant than HSIM on analog & mixed-signal;
- Nascentric doesn't have still a stable, robust and large spectrum product;
- ADiT: is on going the phase of integratin within Mentor ADVance-MS environment. I'll test it.

I hope my answers may help you in the decision.

Ciao, Ivetic

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy