>> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 6194 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

10/09/08 03:03 PM
MathWorks: Simulink HDL Coder Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

MathWorks: Simulink HDL Coder

Use this link to read the full article

10/09/08 03:03 PM
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Jack:
I read your articles and I appreciate the depth to which you probe the various subjects you cover. In your recent article in which you interviewed Ken Karnosfky, Director of Signal Processing and Communication at MathWorks, I believe you missed uncovering HDL Coder's (HDLC) most significant competition which I think your readers would benefit knowing about.
I should mention I am a sales manager for Synplicity, and my geographical responsibility is the central US. Synplicity has a product in the exact space as HDLC, called Synplify-DSP. It interfaces to Simulink and it outputs vendor and technology independent, synthesizable RTL. It has been on the market for 2 years and is doing well. EDACafe carried the tool's introductory announcement (http://www10.edacafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?section=CorpNews&articleid=123486) which included a quotation from Ken Karnosfky in support -see next paragraph below.
"DSP designers are increasingly targeting FPGAs for implementation of high-performance DSP designs," said Ken Karnofsky, marketing director for DSP and communications products at The MathWorks. "Synplicity has delivered sophisticated tools for users to generate high-quality RTL code from Simulink that not only delivers impressive QoR, but leverages the comprehensive DSP simulation and analysis already built into Simulink."
Synplify-DSP is the only tool offering true synthesis of the Simulink model (automatic folding, pipelining, multi-channelization, polyphase decomposition) and we uniquely offer technology specific RTL output, which is optimized for high quality of results and can be retargeted with the push of a button. We have several public success stories to date (http://www.synplicity.com/literature/success/pdf/ss_ssg06.pdf for one). The tool has come a long way since it's introduction and we continue to improve the tool with each release, recently adding M-code control logic description support, vector support, and RTL import support for example. A simple Google of Synplify-DSP will yield many related, informative links if you are interested.
I know the focus of your article was HDLC and it is good to raise awareness for this tool specifically, and DSP development flows in general. There are several options for the designer to consider and Synplify-DSP is certainly one of them.
Thanks for listening. I'll keep reading.
Mike Lux
Central Area Sales Director

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

S2C: FPGA Base prototyping- Download white paper

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy