EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 11717 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

explore
(Stranger )
09/21/06 03:16 AM
STALKED BY ALLSTATE Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

STALKED BY ALLSTATE BEING AN AGENT FOR THE GIANT INSURER CAN BE TOUGH-- EVEN TERRIFYING. AN EXTRAORDINARY WAR BETWEEN A COMPANY AND ITS OWN TROOPS IS ONLY GETTING FIERCER.

(FORTUNE Magazine) – Appointment set for [December] 14th with Texas Dept. of Insurance…I strongly believe the only way this will turn out correctly where the truth will come out and there will be a beneficial conclusion for all parties concerned is if Wayne Hedien takes one day out of his busy schedule to personally meet with some of these [agents] and offer them protection to tell the truth…I asked nicely. I gave plenty of time even though my life is in danger. –Letter from Allstate agent Myles Barchas to CEO Wayne Hedien, November 1993 Barchas made a trip to Dallas yesterday and is on the move again this morning…The surveillance lost him for awhile in traffic and had to set up on his apartment and office in hopes of relocating him…The intelligence that has been picked up is that Barchas may be headed to the State Insurance Dept. in Austin. Instructions were given to stay on him. –Allstate corporate security internal memo, December 1993.

Myles Barchas had become one of Allstate’s top-selling salesmen–the best in the 550-agent Dallas region–by his 29th birthday in 1993. Working seven-day weeks, he had amassed 3,200 customer accounts, nearly twice the company average. Allstate, headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, showered Barchas with awards and honors and free exotic vacations that he never had time to accept.

Then one day Barchas’s world exploded. Deeply disturbed that his superiors were ordering agents to break state laws that protected consumers from discrimination, he began to blow the whistle. Though the company never admitted doing anything wrong, Barchas’s evidence resulted in Allstate’s paying what was then the largest insurance fine in Texas history. But Barchas paid too. He was stalked and chased by private eyes for periods spanning six months, according to internal company documents. And with the flick of a computer switch, Allstate took away his business.

Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy