EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 3286 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
11/23/11 03:54 PM
Is the year end really the best time to look??? What I heard Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is the year end really the best time to look??? What I heard during my last trip to the valley... Follow up on Aart de Geus…

Use this link to read the full article

Gary Dare
(Unregistered)
11/23/11 03:54 PM
Money, That's What I Want? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Mark, another reason for staying is your feelings on future prospects, where you are. Or at least that the potential is so much greater. That's an important factor for those who work in SME's and especially startups - where you know from the outset that you are underpaid for the typical 60-80 hours per week requirement.
And talking to people in startups from other fields, it's not just relative to the last corporate job that you had ... but the corporate equivalents to what you are doing now, which have been opened up by your startup opportunity if it's your first real crack at management. Remind yourself that in the latter case, it's a big IF since you have a chance to do stuff that people 2, 3 or even 4 levels up were doing at your old corporate job.
But if you feel positive about your firm's potential, that is wonderful. I remind myself every day, that the Big 3 EDA companies started with maybe a dozen people in the Bay Area and five more in Portland, Oregon.

sashi obilisetty
(Unregistered)
11/28/11 11:29 PM
You are entitled to your opinion new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Mark,
I was reading this article - we have talked briefly when I was with my startup.
I feel compelled to respond - I have been with Synopsys for two years now - and I do not believe you can conclude what you did about Aart's impressions about startups in your article after a 30 minute talk. It is speculation at best.
The big three EDA companies have grown significantly in the past through mergers and acquisitions. For Synopsys - there is Nsys, ExtremeDA this year itself. Also Virage in the last year - to count a few.
So either we are acquiring companies we don't think highly of, or you could be wrong is your assessment. My unabashed vote is for the latter.
Sashi

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy