EDAToolsCafe
   >> EDA User News and Reviews
Thread views: 8792 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Cheated Customer
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:08 PM
Island Logix Ships VisualSPICE Design Studio Advanced Versio new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Island Logix Ships VisualSPICE Design Studio Advanced Versio

Use this link to read the full article

Cheated Customer
(Unregistered)
10/09/08 03:08 PM
new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This product should come with an enormous health warning.
Not only does it not work properly, the "free lifetime technical support" consists of a telephone number which does not work and an ignored technical email hotline.
The first approach of the technical hotline is to persuade people to upgrade. If you refuse to upgrade, you will be treated to a level of incompetence that would beggar belief.
For example:-
You ask: "My passcode is 12567. I can't re-install the package on a PC it used to work on last week but had to be reformatted"
They respond: "That's because you have an old version of Visual Spice"
You respond: "Hang on it worked last week"
They respond: "Would you like to upgrade?"
You respond: "Not at the moment. How do I get this working?"
They respond: "Follow this web link and click on the embedded link"
You respond: "That link doesn't work. The web page says it doesn't exist"
They respond: "That's because you have an old version of Visual Spice. Want to upgrade?"
You respond: "Hang on it's your web page that's broken. Nothing to do with Visual Spice"
They respond: "OK what's your passcode"
You respond: "I gave you that already it's 12567"
3 weeks later and despite 13 emails, no further response from them.
It's not just that though. Several other unfortunate customers have complained about the same thing - have a look in google. Most customers don't even appear to get the software at all after paying.
If you are "fortunate" enough to get it working, the user interface is at best non-intuitive. No click and drag facility here. You use right hand clicks and all other sorts of complex actions to perform simple tasks.
All in all this product is simply hopeless but worse still is the faint whiff of something not being right about Island Logix itself.
As the title says, Buyer Beware.

lecroy
(Stranger )
10/24/08 01:44 PM
Re: new [re: Cheated Customer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have tried to use Island Logix's SPICE packages off and on over the years.  There is a major bug that will cause the program to switch to DEMO mode and they will not run after this.  I have ran into this problem several times over the years since they first introduced VisualSPICE.   There is a running link on their site for this bug that NEVER gets fixed.  It is hit and miss when you are able to get it running again. 

Support actually used to be alright back when they were selling turbosim and the short lived turbosim32.  This is going back about 10 years or more.   After this it was all down hill.  

A lot of promice of features that never came to be.  Etc. 

What is sad is IMO VisualSPICE actually had a lot of potential in the beginning.  They had some good ideas with their user interface.

IMO, I would stay away.  The license problem alone is enough to cause the major health warnings that the previous reviewer spoke of.

fredc
(Stranger )
12/26/08 12:50 PM
Re: [re: lecroy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Don’t even think about buying this product. It’s a scam. The registration /activation process does not work reliably and if it fails  support emails are ignored. I have requested support dozens of time and never had a reply. You have been warned guys You are wasting your money. Island Logix support = 0. A waste of $100

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

CST Webinar Series

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy