Growing Pains & False Starts
Most GIS apps place a heavy strain on the 10 base-t network.
More than One Domain on LAN
- system administration difficult
- ODBC Connectivity virtually impossible.
Lack of Database Administrator
- Struggles with Oracle
- MS Access is frequently used
Network Consultant Hired:
- Drastic LAN Improvement
- More Guidance
- Finally, an administered LAN
GIS Coordinator attending Oracle courses
- In-house DBMS development proceeds with caution, with the frequent use of MS Access