DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 31, 2011 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c9aa04/semiconductor_indu) has announced the addition of the "Semiconductor Industry Market Analysis & Future Trends Worldwide (2010-2013)" report to their offering.
Today the semiconductor industry serves as driver, enabler and indicator of technological progress. Semiconductors have entirely changed the outlook of the world we live in today. The PCs we work on, the cars we drive, the phones we communicate with, the electronic gadgets we use for watching movies, listening to music and playing games, the planes and weapons used to transport or protect us, all use semiconductor devices. In other words we can say that semiconductors are being used for an entire range of industries from consumer electronics, automotive, communications infrastructure to computer industries and many more. Semiconductor equipment plays a vital role in the manufacturing of integrated devices (ICs). The worldwide semiconductor equipment market is expected to surpass US$ 35 Billion by 2013. Wafer processing is the leading segment in the equipments markets. Its market share is steadily increasing and is expected to be over 80% of the worldwide equipment market by 2013. However, the semiconductor material market has long played a supporting role in relation to semiconductor equipment but with consistent year-over-year growth before 2009 as the result of record volumes of chips produced, the materials market is set to emerge from the shadow of the flashy equipment market. It is expected that this market will grow with an average growth rate of 7.74% for the period spanning 2010-2013.
As a result, the worldwide semiconductor market in 2009 was approximately US$ 200 Billion and it is expected that the worldwide semiconductor market will surpass US$ 300 Billion landmark by the end of 2013. Only minor shifts in sales distribution are expected.
- The worldwide semiconductor market is expected to surpass US$ 300 Billion by 2013
- The Korean semiconductor industry is expected to surpass US$ 50 Billion mark by 2013
- Automotive and consumer electronics are continuously increasing their market share and are expected to reach 7.9% and 21% respectively in 2013
- It is expected that the worldwide market for microprocessors and controllers will grow at a CAGR of 9.58% for the spanning period of 2010-2013
- The worldwide semiconductor material market will grow on average growth rate 7.75% for the period spanning 2010 -2013
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c9aa04/semiconductor_indu
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716