- Added features and flexibility include dual TDM ports for Audio ADC/DAC and interface for additional wireless devices
"The wireless mobile market is growing rapidly with an increasing number of handhelds at smaller form factors being brought to market," said Will Strauss, president of analyst firm Forward Concepts. "With the LSI403US, LSI Logic is tapping into the fast-growing VoWiFi market that is emerging in WLAN- specific handsets as well as in PDAs and cell phones. We forecast the collective VoWiFi chip market to grow from a low base this year to 142 million units shipping in 2009."
Based upon the award-winning, ultra-low-cost, low-power LSI403LC processor, the LSI403US features a sleek 144 LBGA (7 mm x 7 mm) package, dual TDM ports for audio ADC/DACs, interfaces for additional wireless devices, such as WLAN and Bluetooth, and is perfect for VoWiFi dual-mode mobile phones. The Z.Voice software library* of industry standard VoIP algorithms and the ultra- thin packaging allows system designers to benefit immediately from the LSI403US. "LSI Logic is continuing to demonstrate leadership by providing innovative DSP solutions for multimedia, voice and wireless applications requiring peak performance," said Ramesh Bhimarao, voice product line manager, DSP Product Division, LSI Logic. "With low power, high performance and a sleek package, the LSI403US enables customers to create small form factor end products that meet the growing demand for VoWiFi capability."
The LSI403US is immediately available and is priced below $4.00 in 100K volume shipments.
About the DSP Products Division
The DSP Products Division of LSI Logic is a leading licensor of signal processing cores and solutions. The ZSP(R) processor architecture enables customer innovation worldwide as the DSP of choice in many key vertical markets including 3G wireless handsets, multimedia and networked voice appliances. The ZSP roadmap offers a range of software compatible cores delivering performance points that meet the cost, power and efficiency constraints of today's SoC designs. A number of standard products are also available for lower volume designs and prototype implementations. ZSP Solution Partners augment the technology with world-class software tools, EDA modeling support and a large portfolio of application software.
About LSI Logic Corporation
LSI Logic Corporation focuses on the design and production of high- performance semiconductors for Consumer, Communications and Storage applications that access, interconnect and store data, voice and video. LSI Logic engineers incorporate reusable, industry-standard intellectual property building blocks that serve as the heart of leading-edge systems. LSI Logic serves its global OEM, channel and distribution customers with standard-cell ASICs, Platform ASICs, standard products, host bus adapters, RAID controllers and software. In addition, the company supplies storage network solutions for the enterprise. LSI Logic is headquartered at 1621 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035. ( http://www.lsilogic.com ).
* Products implementing certain standards may be subject to third party patent rights. The purchase of such products does not, by itself, convey a license or right under the third party patents. Purchaser must obtain a separate license from the appropriate patent owner.
Notes to Editor:
1. All LSI Logic news releases (financial, acquisitions, manufacturing, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, ( http://www.lsilogic.com )
2. LSI Logic, the LSI Logic logo, ZSP and Z.Voice are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Logic Corporation.
3. Please do not assign a Reader Service number to this release.
Web site: http://www.lsilogic.com/