Enhances analytics, visualization and optimization features, Eclipse support, general availability of new processor and communications modules
CAMBRIDGE, United Kingdom, 16th May 2016 - UltraSoC today announced the latest version of its advanced semiconductor IP and software tools for SoC development, debug, optimization and hardware security. The latest release in UltraSoC’s continuous development program includes extended support for data analytics and visualization, improved performance monitoring and system optimization capabilities, enhanced integration with third-party tool-chains, improved support for functional safety applications, and General Availability (GA) of new analytics and communications IP.
As the cost of developing complex SoCs continues to rise, and the business risks from schedule slippage become larger, the industry has realized that better tools for debug, verification and optimization are critical. The advent of emulation and prototyping platforms has eased pre-silicon tasks, but post-silicon verification and optimization remains a major challenge for the industry. UltraSoc addresses this challenge.
Many of the new capabilities and features are in software and tools – particularly in interfacing and supporting standard development environments. Specifically:
- Richer support for analytics and visualization, leading to the use of “Big Data” techniques for debugging and development
- New tools and analysis capabilities to assist in performance monitoring and system optimization
- Enhanced support for developers using Python scripts to interact with UltraSoC IP for post-processing, analytics and visualization
- Migration to Eclipse version 4.5 (“Mars”) with all the capabilities that come from an industry standard IDE
- Support for the GDB industry standard open-source debugger
- Direct integration with Lauterbach’s industry standard TRACE32 development environment
- Direct integration with the new version of CEVA’s toolchain for CEVA DSP
New hardware and semiconductor IP capabilities include:
- Enhanced Processor Analytic Modules to interface to MIPS and CEVA cores for debugging, trace and run-control. These complement the existing ARM and Xtensa core support
- Capability to support other cores, including the open-source RISC V core
- Support for ECC, parity and check sum logic, important for high-reliability systems. This is a key part of UltraSoC’s capabilities to support functional safety, automotive and ISO26262
- General availability of the new Universal Streaming Communicator (USC) that enables a variety of interface and communication systems to the SoC, including serial wire debug style communication and a high speed SerDes interface
“UltraSoC is committed to an aggressive program of continuous development for our products,” said Rupert Baines, UltraSoC CEO. “Our technology helps SoC developers to understand how their chip really operates post-silicon: simplifying software development, accelerating time-to-market, fixing bugs and optimizing performance. The new capabilities we are announcing today, engineered in response to extensive customer feedback and experience in the field, represent another step forward in the paradigm shift we are enabling in SoC design; improved analytics and visualization; addressing a far wider range of hardware applications; and giving SoC teams complete freedom in their choice of development flow and tools.”
UltraSoC’s suite of silicon IP allows designers to create an on-chip infrastructure that non-intrusively monitors the digital aspects of the chip’s behavior – both hardware and software. The engineering team can gain a much more intimate understanding of the often complex interactions between diverse on-chip processor blocks, custom logic, and system software. These capabilities are valuable both in development and in-field, when they can be used to spot unexpected behavior caused by bugs or by malicious interference, and to analyze performance trends.
UltraSoC was recently named by Gartner Inc as one of its “Cool Vendors” in the Embedded Software and Systems market; and recognized by Mishcon de Reya and City AM in its Leap 100 list of the UK’s most exciting, fast-growth companies. Last fall the company was named Best New Company at the 2015 Elektra Awards.
UltraSoC is an independent provider of SoC infrastructure that enables rapid development of embedded systems based on advanced SoC devices. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
For more information please visit www.ultrasoc.com
+44 7768 082 044