SAN JOSE, Calif. - May 3, 2016 - SEMI today announced the SEMICON West 2016 program agenda with a focus on todayÂ’s issues facing the future of semiconductor manufacturing. SEMICON West, July 12 to 14, brings together an industry that looks wholly different. In the last 18 months, there were over $100 billion in mergers and acquisitions, fragmentation of demand, and increasing vertical integration of the entire electronics supply chain. In response, SEMICON West 2016 has been retooled. In addition to the exposition with over 700 exhibitors, SEMICON West will feature over 250 hours of programs and events, covering every segment of the industry. Free registration for SEMICON West ( www.semiconwest.org) ends May 6.
This year, the new Business and Technology Conference focuses on eight forums addressing the key issues driving the future of semiconductor manufacturing and markets:
- Extended Supply Chain Forum - includes IC Design Summit; Analog and New Frontiers Forum; Smart Manufacturing Forum
- Advanced Manufacturing Forum - includes Lithography; Beyond 5nm; Scaling; Compound Semiconductors; MEMS and Sensors; Materials; Power Electronics; 200mm; Interconnect; 3D Printing; IEEE/EDS Tutorials; Best of West Showcase
- IoT Forum - includes Markets and Opportunities; Technology, Products and Applications
- Silicon Innovation Forum - Startups and New Ventures; Research and Industry
- Advanced Packaging Forum - Packaging Photonics for Speed and Bandwidth; Packaging Power; SIP Next; Sensing the Future; Packaging Developments for Flexible Hybrid Electronics
- Sustainable Manufacturing Forum - Complying with Regulations for High-Tech Products
- Flexible Hybrid Electronics Forum - includes Processing and Packaging; Next-Gen Health Monitoring Devices
- Test Forum - includes Test Executive Forum, Test Showcase, and Test Vision 2020
Other key programs include:
- Bulls and Bears - moderated by Robert Halliday, CFO of Applied Materials; includes a panel of Wall Street analysts discussing the evolution of the electronics market
- SEMI & Gartner Market Symposium - presented by SEMI and Gartner; reviews market forecasts and analysis for the semiconductor, capital equipment, materials and adjacent industries
- Women in Technology Forum - presented in partnership with WITI; provides perspectives on women contributing at both the executive and young technologist levels
Innovation Village and international pavilions and theaters will feature presentations that focus on key topics from 3D manufacturing to secondary equipment to compound semiconductors.
At SEMICON West, industry thought leaders, analysts, engineers, designers, and business executives from Cisco, Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm, Google and other leading companies, will all gather in one place to engage in discussions that lead the industry into the future. Staying current with business trends and making and renewing connections with customers and partners across the entire span of the electronics supply chain are more important than ever Â— SEMICON West continues to be the premier event where the industry connects.
Free registration for SEMICON West 2016 ( www.semiconwest.org) ends May 6.
Premier sponsors of SEMICON West 2016 include Applied Materials and Lam Research.
SEMI® connects more than 1,900 member companies and more than a quarter-million professionals worldwide to advance electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped our members grow more profitably, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Deborah Geiger/SEMI Headquarters
Phone: +1 408.943.7988
Email: Email Contact