Maxim Integrated's sensor module offers a tiny form factor and ease of design to meet demanding time to market requirements for wearables.SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 12, 2016 — (PRNewswire) — System designers can speed time to market for wearable and healthcare products with the MAX30102 pulse oximeter and heart rate integrated sensor module from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM). The integrated pulse oximetry and heart rate monitor module is an ultra-low power solution providing a complete system to save space and ease the design-in process for mobile and wearable devices.
- For more information about MAX30102, visit http://bit.ly/MAX30102.
- A hi-res image is available at http://bit.ly/Image_MAX30102.
Wearable equipment for vital-sign monitoring is rapidly evolving, and analog integration is at the heart of this. System-on-chip (SoC) and integrated module solutions are rapidly replacing discrete, multicomponent designs. The MAX30102 integrates red and IR LEDs to modulate LED pulses for oxygen saturation (SpO2) and heart rate measurements.
- Ultra-low power: Extends battery life; Operates on a single 1.8V power supply and a separate 5V power supply for the internal LEDs
- Space savings: Maintains a very small solution size without sacrificing optical or electrical performance; Integrates internal LEDs, photodetectors, optical elements, and low-noise electronics with ambient light rejection
- Ease of design: Evaluation platform with the integrated module and an accelerometer provides a solution for customers to quickly evaluate the module
- "Maxim is committed to providing innovative wearable solutions for customers," said Andrew Baker, Executive Director for Industrial and Healthcare Products at Maxim Integrated. "Our IP and knowledge for these applications allows us to integrate multiple technologies in a tiny, low power package."
- "Healthcare and wearable technology is a rapidly growing market," said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans. "Maxim's analog and microcontroller technology is well-positioned to be a key player in this market."
Availability and Pricing
- Available in a tiny 14-pin optical module (5.6mm x 3.3mm x 1.55mm).
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +85-degree Celsius temperature range.
- Pricing starts at $4.13 (1000-up, FOB USA).
- An evaluation system is available.
A demo of the MAX30102 will be available at the Wearable EXPO 2016 (January 13-15, 2016) in Tokyo Big Sight, Japan. Maxim will be located at booth E-23-4 within the Marubun (distributor) booth.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pulse-oximeter-and-heart-rate-integrated-sensor-module-provides-ultra-low-power-solution-for-wearable-health-and-fitness-applications-300202667.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
|Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.