PMC Storage Experts Discuss the Latest Technologies to Accelerate Critical Data Center and Enterprise Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 7, 2015 — PMC-Sierra, Inc. ( PMC®) (Nasdaq: PMCS), the semiconductor and software solutions innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store big data, will present and exhibit at the upcoming Flash Memory Summit, August 11-13, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Derek Dicker, vice president of PMC’s Performance Solutions Group, will present a keynote, “Breaking Down the Barriers to PCIe Adoption.” PMC storage experts will discuss the latest trends in PCIe, NVMe and error correction that are shaping next-generation Solid-State Drives in forum sessions.
- PMC Flashtec™ NVMe Controllers showcasing the industry-leading performance of PCIe SSDs compared to SATA SSDs. PMC’s controller sets new performance and total-cost-of-ownership benchmarks for PCIe-based architectures in the enterprise and the data center.
- NVMe over RDMA and peer-to-peer transactions between RDMA and PCIe devices featuring PMC’s Flashtec NVRAM Drives and Mellanox solutions to accelerate critical applications.
- Fully integrated SSD-NAND characterization flow using SSDExplorer.
- Interoperability and flexibility of PMC’s Flashtec controller and leading NAND types.
Exhibit hours are 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on August 12, and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on August 13.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. (Keynote 10): Derek Dicker, vice president of PMC’s Performance Solutions Group, will present “Breaking Down the Barriers to PCIe SSD Adoption.”
- Tuesday, August 11, 3:15 - 5:45 p.m. (Forum A-12): David Allen, director of product marketing, will present “NVMe Ecosystem Development” in the NVMe and PCIe SSDs, Part 2 session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Forum F-21): Rino Micheloni, PMC fellow, co-authored “SSDExplorer: A Virtual Platform for SSD Simulation,” in the SSD Testing session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Forum E-21): Rino Micheloni co-authored “Hardware and Algorithms, Safely Overclocking Flash I/O in SSDs,” in the Controllers and Flash Technology, Part 1 session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 3:10 - 5:45 p.m. (Forum D-22): Fabian Trumper, senior product marketing manager, will present “How NVRAM Improves SDS Solutions” in the Flash and Software-Defined Storage session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 3:10 - 5:45 p.m. (Forum E-22): Radjendirane Codandaramane, manager of applications, will present “How LDPC Is Enabling New NAND Flash Memories” in the Controllers and Flash Technology Part 2: Decoding the Future session.
- Thursday, August 13, 8:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Forum J-31): Stephen Bates, senior technical director, will present “Modelling a High-Performance NVM Express SSD constructed from ReRAM” in the PCIe/NVMe Storage session.
- Thursday, August 13, 12:50 - 1:05 p.m. – Rahul Advani, director of product marketing, will present in the FMS theater.
- Thursday, August 13, 3:10 - 4:25 p.m. (Session 303-C): Rino Micheloni will present “Fully Integrated SSD-NAND Characterization Flow” in the SSD Technology, Part 2 session.
PMC (Nasdaq: PMCS) is the semiconductor and software solutions innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store big data. Building on a track record of technology leadership, the company is driving innovation across storage, optical and mobile networks. PMC’s highly integrated solutions increase performance and enable next-generation services to accelerate the network transformation. For more information, visit www.pmcs.com. Follow PMC on our Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and RSS.
About Flash Memory Summit
The Flash Memory Summit program provides attendees with practical information on the current state of flash memory and its applications.
Summit themes include: Solid State Drives (SSDs), Flash Memory Based Architectures, Enterprise Storage, Controllers, Enterprise Applications, PCIe SSDs, new non-volatile technologies, standards, testing, and applications.
The Summit Program consists of a day of pre-conference seminars, followed by three days of panel discussions, keynotes, forums, paper sessions, tutorials, updates, and special sessions. http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/
© Copyright PMC-Sierra, Inc. 2015. All rights reserved. PMC and PMC-SIERRA are registered trademarks of PMC-Sierra, Inc. in the United States and other countries, PMCS, Flashtec and Adaptec by PMC are trademarks of PMC-Sierra, Inc. PMC disclaims any ownership rights in other product and company names mentioned herein. PMC is the corporate brand of PMC-Sierra, Inc.