iCE40 UltraLite FPGA is the industry’s smallest and lowest power programmable solution for consumer mobile and industrial hand-held devices
• iCE40 UltraLite devices require 30 percent less power than their closest competitor, which is critical for power-sensitive consumer mobile and industrial hand-held applications.
• iCE40 UltraLite devices are the world’s smallest FPGAs at 1.4 mm x 1.4 mm and is 68 percent smaller than its closest competitor.
• iCE40 UltraLite solutions are highly integrated with built-in hardened IPs and LED drivers to enable manufacturers to incorporate compelling and unique features into their mobile devices.
HILLSBORO, Ore. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 3, 2015 — Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC), the leader in ultra-low power, small form factor, customizable solutions, today announced its new iCE40 UltraLite™ FPGA, which enables manufacturers to accelerate the time-to-market of new mobile devices that incorporate unique and compelling features.
The newest addition to Lattice’s successful iCE40 Ultra™ product family, the iCE40 UltraLite FPGA is the industry’s most compact and lowest power device. Its combination of exceptionally low power consumption, an extremely small footprint and a high level of integration enable manufacturers to easily add multiple capabilities and features to their mobile devices including:
- The ability to function as a TV remote control thanks to its IR control and learning mode capability
- RGB LED control to simulate multi-color breathing effects for notification
- White LED control to enable a flashlight function on smartphones
- Motion gesture capability that reduces the need to use the touch screen to awaken devices and launch applications
- A high accuracy pedometer that requires very little power
- Maximized battery life as it eliminates the need for less efficient microcontrollers and can minimize the use of devices’ power-hungry application processors
“Our new iCE40 UltraLite device is the latest example of our commitment to enable manufacturers to continually enhance their smartphones, wearables and other mobile devices to improve the user experience and to compete in a crowded marketplace,” said Keith Bladen, Vice President of Marketing, Lattice. “Compelling features such as remote control, barcode, pedometer, power management and many other capabilities make the iCE40 UltraLite device ideal for size constrained, power sensitive and cost-conscious mobile devices, for both the consumer and industrial hand-held markets.”
“We anticipate that Lattice Semiconductors’ new iCE40 UltraLite device will enable us to shorten the development times of our future mobile and wearable platforms,” said Mr. Shinsuke Yoshizaki, Senior Manager of the Hardware Development Center for FUJITSU LTD’s Mobile Phones Unit. “The ultra-low power requirements of the iCE40 UltraLite device combined with its extremely small footprint will also allow us to enhance the functional flexibility of our wearables at a lower cost compared to ASIC developments.”
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ: LSCC) is the leader in low power, small form factor, low cost, customizable solutions for a quickly changing connected world. From making smart consumer devices smarter, to enabling intelligent industrial automation, or connecting anything to everything in communications, electronics manufacturers around the world use Lattice's solutions for fast time to market, product innovation, and competitive differentiation. For more information, visit www.latticesemi.com. You can also follow us via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or RSS.
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Lattice Semiconductor (& design), L (& design), iCE40 and specific product designations are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Mobility Public Relations
Ellie O’Rourke, 425-233-2092