New high performance AMD-powered OpenCL debayering for Phantom Cine and Canon RAW camera formats joins previously unannounced debayering of RedR3D, CinemaDNG, and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera JPEG formats, unlocking real-time editing, effects and color grading for massive production productivity and lightning fast rendering to deliver projects on time and at high quality.
"Speed and performance are essential ingredients that ensure video producers are productive every day and successfully compete for business, engagement and client satisfaction," said Steve Belt, corporate vice president, Strategic Alliances and Platform Enablement, AMD. "Pros know that they can rely on the combination of OpenCL support in Adobe Creative Cloud and the associated AMD hardware acceleration to deliver a steady stream of advanced tools that set them apart creatively and productively."
"Adobe's move to Creative Cloud has enabled us to respond even faster to hardware advancements in the industry," said Simon Williams, director of Strategic Relations at Adobe. "AMD and Adobe work in close collaboration to provide video professionals with a steady stream of OpenCL-accelerated features that continually enhance their ability to stretch their creative boundaries."
AMD and Adobe engineers work closely together to ensure that new features are optimized to take full advantage of OpenCL acceleration through the Mercury Playback Engine, and tap the full performance capability of the entire spectrum of AMD graphics processors. Together they have also optimized the dozens of new features announced this year and continue to find ways to bring greater performance to bear on existing features.
Adobe Creative Cloud includes the most up-to-date versions of favorite Adobe desktop applications such as Adobe Premiere® Pro CC, Photoshop® CC, After Effects® CC, Illustrator® CC, and more. AMD acceleration supports the exciting new and enhanced features that will be displayed at IBC 2014 for Adobe Creative Cloud pro video workflows using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe SpeedGrade CC, and Adobe Media Encoder CC including:
- A dramatic expansion of debayering support for a wider range of popular hardware formats. With this feature, the OpenCL pipeline taps AMD graphics technology to accelerate the import and playback of native media formats. Users can edit, add effects to and playback these media files in real-time, without conversion, directly within Adobe Premier Pro CC. Final renders are extremely fast and can be further accelerated using dual AMD GPUs for amazing speed.
- A new AMD OpenCL-accelerated Consolidate & Transcode function streamlines the workflow for archiving and moving large, complex projects that are comprised of numerous clips in varied formats. The tool creates an archive, in a single format, of all the media used for a project. This speeds up and simplifies archiving of the content for projects and sequences by streamlining the content and rendering it via a single codec. The output includes heads and tails so editors can tweak projects down the road.
- The OpenCL-accelerated feathering masks tool now offers greater flexibility and increased control over mask selection to significantly enhance performance. This tool enables the creative to blend the edges of a mask for added subtlety when they alter, cover, highlight or obscure specific elements within video content over time. Feathered masks can be combined with mask tracking, creating animated masks that automatically track an object from frame to frame. Dynamic Link to Adobe® After Effects® CC provides access to a full palette of advanced tracking tools.
- These features and more will be on display at IBC 2014 at the RAI Centre, Amsterdam at AMD Booth 7.H35 and Adobe Booth 7.G27. Visitors will be able to see demonstrations and experience first-hand the performance of the AMD-accelerated Adobe Creative Cloud video workflow across a broad range of workstations and graphics cards available for virtually any budget. In addition, AMD is pleased to be a sponsor for this year's Adobe MAX 2014, October 4-8, Los Angeles for more information: Adobe MAX.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, a simple monthly membership gives you the complete collection of Adobe creative software products. Along with cloud storage, Adobe Creative Cloud members automatically get access to new tools and product updates as soon as they're released
- Read about how AMD APUs and GPUs Accelerate Latest Creative Tools and Productivity Enhancements for Adobe Creative Cloud on AMD Blogs
- For information about the new features that are coming soon to video apps in Adobe Creative Cloud, visit Adobe at IBC 2014 - Hall 7, Stand 7.G27
- Learn more information about AMD Performance
- Learn details about AMD and Adobe
- Find more information about AMD FirePro Graphics
- Find more information about AMD A-Series APU
- Find more information about Adobe
- Find more information about AMD
About Adobe Creative Cloud
With Creative Cloud, your creative apps are always evolving. At IBC, Adobe is previewing the next wave of innovation coming to the Creative Cloud video apps, including Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC. New advances include timesaving media and project management features, and a refined user interface with HiDPI support across all of the video desktop apps. With frequent feature releases, it's easy for Creative Cloud members to stay up to speed on industry developments and new hardware and formats, including new support for the GoPro CineForm intermediate codec and more. Learn more about new features coming to Adobe Creative Cloud at www.adobe.com/go/video, or visit Adobe at IBC Hall 7, Stand 7.G27.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Contact: Bernard Fernandes AMD Public Relations (416) 710-3429 firstname.lastname@example.org John Swinimer AMD Public Relations (289) 695-0600 email@example.com