AutoVue 18 Client-Server Edition is Now Available for Sun Solaris
September 29, 2004 - Cimmetry Systems Inc, the global leader in Visualization and Collaboration solutions for the A/E/C, Engineering, Manufacturing and Electronics markets announced today that the Client-Server Edition of AutoVue 18 is now available for versions 8 and 9 of Sun Solaris servers. Clients can access data using browsers for Windows, Mac and UNIX.
AutoVue provides native viewing, printing, markup, digital mockup and real-time collaboration support for engineering drawings, 2D CAD, 3D drawings, parts & assemblies, EDA/PCB layouts & schematics and office documents.
"Cimmetry has maintained its technology leadership position in the visualization and collaboration arena by responding quickly to the ever-changing needs of the global marketplace," said Pam Petropoulos, Marketing Manager at Cimmetry. "With the release of AutoVue 18 for UNIX servers, organizations world-wide now have the ability to view, query, print, markup, digitally mockup and collaborate in real-time on hundreds of document types with one, comprehensive client-server solution."
AutoVue 18 for UNIX servers provides support for many new formats and contains significant new features that include:
Digital Mockup (DMU)
- The ability to import and combine any number of native CAD files, regardless of file format, to create a virtual assembly including: CATIA, Pro/E, UG, SolidWorks, Inventor, JT, Solid Edge, etc.
- The ability to combine native MCAD and EDA (3D PCBs) in a digital mockup
- Precise part alignment and constraint definition
- Interference and clearance checking
- The ability to save state information
- 3D BOM (Bills of Material)
- Support for PMI and GD&T data
- User-defined Coordinate systems
- Shaded Wire render mode
- Fill and measure section edges
- 2D precise measurement and snapping
- Test PCB layouts for design and manufacturability violations
- Cross-probe layouts, schematics and PCBs in 3D space
- Filters to hide/show entities based on type
- 3D MCAD: CATIA 5 R12 & R13 (3D/2D), Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 (3D/2D), Unigraphics NX2 (3D/2D), Inventor 8 (3D/2D), SolidWorks 2004 (3D/2D), Solid Edge 15 (3D/2D), CoCreate OneSpace Designer 11 & 12 (3D/2D), etc.
- 2D CAD: AutoCAD 2005, AutoCAD Mechanical (2D/3D), MicroStation 8.5, CoCreate ME10 11 & 12, ESRI Shapefile, etc.
- PCB Layouts & Schematics: Mentor Expedition PCB/Schematics 2002, Cadence Allegro 15, Cadence Concept HDL 14 & 15, Cadence SPECCTRA 14, 15, HP IFF 3.0, Orcad Layout/Capture 10, PADS PowerPCB 4.0, PADS PowerLogic 4.0 & 5.0, Protel PCB/Schematics, 98, 99, 99SE ...
- Office, Graphics: PDF 1.5, Visio 2003, JPEG 2000, etc.
To download a fully functional evaluation version, try an online demo, or schedule a real-time collaboration meeting using AutoVue, visit http://www.cimmetry.com
Cimmetry Systems Inc. is the recognized technology pioneer and market leader in the area of Visualization and Collaboration software tools for the A/E/C, Engineering, Manufacturing and Electronics markets.
Cimmetry's flagship product, AutoVue, is the premier enterprise-wide viewing, markup and DMU package, providing native support for more than 450 formats including 2D/3D CAD, EDA, raster, vector, hybrid, office and graphics. Users have a single point of access to their documents, regardless of format, from a single, easy-to-use interface.
AutoVue is available in both a Desktop Edition, and a Client-Server Edition which is deployable on Windows or UNIX servers. Cimmetry's viewing and markup products are strategically designed to integrate seamlessly with Document Management (DM, EDM), Workflow, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), ASPs and e-business Portals, either directly or via the Web.
AutoVue is sold worldwide and available in many languages including Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. Visit Cimmetry on the Web at www.cimmetry.com
Cimmetry Press Contact:
Cimmetry Systems Inc.
T: +1 514-735-3219 x105
E: Email Contact