- Stunning visual effects in Academy Award®-winning film Gravity developed on high-end Dell Precision workstations
- Dell Precision workstations offer high performance, reliability and fast render times for video production; selected by top video and film producers to run most demanding video and film editing software
- Live-stream performances from FADER FORT, Adobe Digital Campground and South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Lounge all enabled by Dell Precision workstations
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — March 7, 2014 — Dell today announced video, film and design companies are turning to Dell Precision workstations to produce lifelike 3D animation and eye-popping visual effects for films like Academy-Award winning Gravity due to their blazing fast render times. Dell Precision is also powering the live-stream performances from FADER FORT, Adobe Digital Campground and South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Lounge. By delivering world-class performance and mission-critical reliability and certifications for top digital content creation applications including Adobe® Creative Cloud™, Dell Precision workstations are increasingly being selected over competing systems to bring films, TV shows, games and videos to life.
“Our goal is to deliver the highest performing and reliable technology, so our film and video professionals can focus on their creative workflows,” said Andy Rhodes, executive director, Dell Precision workstations. “It makes me so proud to see those creative outputs, from the Academy-Award winning film Gravity to Emmy®-award winning TV show The Daytripper, come to life and what’s possible with our Dell Precision workstations.”
Video Production Companies Switching to Dell Precision Cut Render Times
Today at DellVenue in Austin, Texas, Dell hosted a panel with several video production companies including Sparksight, Fit to Tweet and Hogaboom Road, about their decision to move from Apple hardware and software to Dell Precision workstations with Adobe Creative Cloud for smoother post-production workflows and performance optimization across professional applications.
- Chet Garner and the production crew of the travel television program The Daytripper found that the available processor options and application optimization with Dell Precision allowed them to increase their performance levels in ways that weren’t possible with Apple’s specifications and cut their render times from two hours to twenty minutes.
- Sparksight, a growing advertising agency focused on video production, event management and interactive design, recently made the switch to Precision workstations and has seen render times cut in half across the board, and in some cases up to three to four times faster. Drew Wolber, Director of Commercial Production, said, “The performance of the Precision machines is incredible. By cutting our workflow in half, we’ve not only been able to double our pipeline but also double our profits.”
- Fit to Tweet, a video production company that provides real-time social content for corporate events, needs powerful systems to turn video, photos and other social content around to its clients as fast as possible. Carlos Reina, co-founder of the company, says, “We’ve seen giant benefits from the switch, including significantly reduced render times that are critical for the way we do business. We are saving so much time. The first time I exported a video it was so fast that I assumed it was too good to be true. It wasn't.”
“Adobe’s collaboration with Dell showcases the possibilities available to creatives today,” said Dave Helmly, senior manager of Solutions Consulting, Pro Video/Audio Americas at Adobe. “Video professionals working with Ultra HD and 4K+ resolutions, high frame rates and RAW footage need powerful, optimized hardware and software solutions to work efficiently and stay competitive. Dell and Adobe Creative Cloud deliver real-time performance for editing, play back, and rendering complex sequences with high-quality content.”
Dell Precision M3800 Performs Video Rendering Up to 43 Percent Faster than Apple MacBook Pro¹
Dell also showcased its newest M3800 mobile workstation which delivers
an uncompromising system for digital content creators looking for
portability, power and stylish design to match their image and
environment. Called a “dream come true” by industry analyst Jon Peddie
and as the “
heart and brain of my creative studio” by Cameron Evans of USCTO,
the M3800 with Adobe Premiere Pro can perform video rendering tasks up
to 43 percent faster than the 2013 Apple MacBook Pro and has up to 11
percent faster boot time¹. Additionally, the Dell Precision M3800 QHD+
(3200 x 1800) touchscreen display has higher resolution than the Apple
MacBook Pro with Retina display¹ and offers 33 percent more storage
capacity at a significantly lower price point than a similarly
configured system from Apple¹. For producers seeking a larger screen for
detailed work, the M3800 can be paired with the Dell UltraSharp 32 for
viewing work in stunning Ultra HD clarity with high pixel density and
exceptional color accuracy.