All Business Segments Report Double-Digit Revenue Growth Year-over-Year
- Revenue: A record $13.1 billion, up $2.3 billion, 22 percent year-over-year
- Gross margin: 62 percent, down 5.5 percentage points year-over-year
- Operating income: $4.2 billion, up $221 million, 6 percent year-over-year
- Net income: $3.2 billion, up $290 million, 10 percent year-over-year
- EPS: 59 cents, up 8 cents, 16 percent year-over-year
- Revenue: A record $13.0 billion, up $2.3 billion, 21 percent year-over-year
- Gross margin: 61 percent, down 6.6 percentage points year-over-year
- Operating income: $3.9 billion, down $46 million, 1 percent year-over-year
- Net income: $3.0 billion, up $67 million, 2 percent year-over-year
- EPS: 54 cents, up 3 cents, 6 percent year-over-year
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 20, 2011 — Intel Corporation today reported its fifth consecutive quarter of record revenue, with double-digit revenue growth across all business segments.
On a Non-GAAP basis, revenue was $13.1 billion, operating income was $4.2 billion, net income was $3.2 billion, and EPS was 59 cents. On a GAAP basis, the company reported second-quarter revenue of $13.0 billion, operating income of $3.9 billion, net income of $3.0 billion, and EPS of 54 cents.
The company generated approximately $4.0 billion in cash from operations, paid cash dividends of $961 million, and used $2.0 billion to repurchase 93 million shares of common stock.
“We achieved a significant new milestone in the second quarter, surpassing $13.0 billion in revenue for the first time,” said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. “Strong corporate demand for our most advanced technology, the surge of mobile devices and Internet traffic fueling data center growth, and the rapid rise of computing in emerging markets drove record results. Intel’s 23 percent revenue growth in the first half and our increasing confidence in the second half of 2011 position us to grow annual revenue in the mid-20 percent range.”
Non-GAAP Financial Comparison
|Q2 2011||vs. Q1 2011||vs. Q2 2010|
|Revenue||$13.1 billion||up 2%||up 22%|
|Operating Income||$4.2 billion||down 2%||up 6%|
|Net Income||$3.2 billion||down 3%||up 10%|
|Earnings Per Share||59 cents||flat||up 16%|