- The Broadband Forum's TR-069 WAN Management Protocol is used by service providers to remotely manage and monitor tens of millions of broadband devices around the world, including gateways, set-top boxes and network adapters that deliver media and entertainment services.
- HomePlug AV, based on the IEEE 1901 standard, is the preferred home networking technology for IPTV services, with more than 50 carrier deployments around the world. Atheros' AMP technology powers the most widely adopted HomePlug AV products -- delivering hassle-free network set-up and up to 500 Mbps of bandwidth to support next-generation media and entertainment services.
- Motive, an Alcatel-Lucent company, is the industry-leading ACS vendor, providing remote management capabilities to broadband service providers. Its MotiveSmart Verification Program certifies the interoperability of customer premises equipment (CPE) with its ACS system to streamline the deployment of broadband services for a variety of home networks.
- By integrating the TR-069 protocol into its powerline software stack, AMP adapters can communicate with Motive's ACS to provide information about the system's operational status, modify configuration parameters or download new firmware.
- Atheros AMP adapters are the first powerline products implementing the new TR-181i2 device data model to pass Motive's TR-069 interoperability tests. TR-181i2 enhances the remote management protocol by adding support for the latest home networking technologies, including HomePlug, multi-SSID Wi-Fi, IPv6 and Quality of Service.
Bryce Judd, vice president of Business Operations and Partnerships, Motive
"Remote management is a critical feature that helps carriers reduce the cost of deploying and supporting advanced media services. By completing the MotiveSmart Verification Program with the industry's first TR-181i2 implementation, Atheros is bringing these features to powerline CPE and making HomePlug technology even more attractive for carriers' IPTV services."
Patrick Ribardiere, director of marketing for Atheros' Networking Business Unit
"Releasing a fully validated TR-069 solution provides our customers with an important tool for configuring and supporting IPTV services. Atheros continues to stay ahead of the competition by providing carriers with innovative and easy-to-use solutions that have resulted in the industry's largest installed base of powerline products."
- Broadband Forum TR-069: http://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/download/TR-181_Issue-2.pdf
- AMP powerline solutions: http://www.atheros.com/technology/technology.php?nav1=52
- MotiveSmart Verification Program: http://www.motive.com/alliances/motivesmart-verification-program.php
Atheros Communications delivers innovative technologies for wireless and wired communications. Its mission is to invent technologies that connect and empower people in ways that are elegant and accessible to all. Building upon its broad expertise in RF and mixed signal semiconductor design, Atheros' portfolio includes a wide variety of connectivity solutions that are used by many of the world's leading networking equipment, computing and consumer device manufacturers. Headquartered in San Jose, California, Atheros has a significant and growing presence in Asia and Europe to serve its global customer base. For more information, visit www.atheros.com.
Atheros, the Atheros logo and AMP are trademarks of Atheros Communications, Inc. HomePlug is a registered trademark of the HomePlug Powerline Alliance. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
NOTE ON FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS:
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including the features, benefits and performance of Atheros' powerline solutions, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially, including, but not limited to, difficulties in the development of new and enhanced products, general economic conditions, the effects of competition and technological change, and the risks detailed in Atheros' Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and in other reports filed with the SEC by Atheros from time to time. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Atheros disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Editorial Contacts: Molly Mulloy Atheros Communications 408-830-5850 Email Contact Greg Wood Edelman for Atheros 650-762-2838 Email Contact Investor Contact: David H. Allen Atheros Communications 408-830-5762 Email Contact