Company Previews Future Roadmap Optimized for Mobile and Portable Platforms
LAS VEGAS & SUNNYVALE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 6, 2011 — SiBEAM, Inc., the leading provider of millimeter wave (mmWave) solutions and developer of high-speed wireless communications platforms, will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology based on the WirelessHD 1.1 specification and provide details on its roadmap focused on 60GHz solutions optimized for mobile and portable platforms.
Growing ecosystem of products powered by SiBEAM's 60GHz-based WirelessHD chipsets (Photo: Business Wire)
SiBEAM Showcases Design Wins and Industry Partnerships
Meeting industry demand for high-speed, high-quality solutions that deliver an unprecedented wireless experience in home entertainment and mobile connectivity, SiBEAM will highlight a range of products from industry leading companies including:
- Dell: The Dell Alienware Gaming Laptop, famous for its high video quality and fluid animation, will feature SiBEAM’s 60GHz-based WirelessHD chipsets. Powered by SiBEAM’s chipsets, the Alienware M17x R3 will effortlessly transfer wireless high definition video to the HDTV for an enhanced gaming experience.
- ASUS: ASUS is incorporating SiBEAM’s WirelessHD technology in its notebook PCs including the G73JW and the G53. Ideal for gaming, these models will provide consumers with a latency-free experience and perfect video quality, free of interference from other wireless technologies.
- Abocom: Abocom will introduce the world’s first WirelessHD docking stations for iPad and iPhone mobile devices, providing both a charging and wireless video transmission platform for mobile phones and tablet PCs.
- VIZIO: America’s #1 LCD HDTV company will showcase its new lineup of products including the XWH200 Universal WirelessHD Transmitter & Receiver Kit. The VIZIO XWH200 Universal WirelessHD Transmitter & Receiver Kit includes a 4-port transmit adapter and separate receiver adapter that can support up to four source components connected using standard HDMI cables, thereby upgrading existing HDTVs and components to take full advantage of the WirelessHD technology that includes high-speed, crystal clear wireless high definition audio and video.
- Monster: Monster will launch its Digital Express product family that includes ultimate high speed wireless HDMI adapters based on WirelessHD. These adapters offer wired equivalent connections with zero latency, ideal for the gaming community. The products include the Monster Digital Express Wireless HDMI Kit (DX WHD1), Monster Digital Express HDMI Transmitter TX400 (DX TX 4), and Monster Digital Express Wireless HDMI Receiver RX100 (DX RX 1), thereby offering an array of options for connecting existing A/V products wirelessly.
- Best Buy: Having recently launched its Rocketfish 4-PORT WirelessHD Kit (RF-WHD200) at stores in October 2010, Best Buy has targeted mass-market pricing, recently pricing the adapter pair at $199 on special, underscoring the significant cost reduction that SiBEAM’s second generation chips enable. As WirelessHD product pricing achieves consumer price points below $200, momentum significantly grows for the WirelessHD ecosystem.
SiBEAM also announces partnerships with two leading technology and products companies, Foxconn and NVIDIA. SiBEAM has entered into a cooperative partnership with Foxconn Technology Group (Hon Hai Precision Industry). As highlighted by Terry Gou, the chairman and CEO of Foxconn, the cooperation with SiBEAM will enable SiBEAM to utilize Foxconn’s product testing and manufacturing strength and to access new customers for its technology. Similarly, John LeMoncheck, president and CEO of SiBEAM, highlights that SiBEAM has enabled Foxconn to offer modules with the most cutting edge wireless technology available today for consumer electronics applications, enabling high-definition A/V streaming and highest-speed data applications at multi-gigabit rates. Foxconn, the largest electronics manufacturing services company in the world, provides development and manufacturing services to some of the largest consumer electronics products companies in the world, including Apple, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Nokia and Sony. SiBEAM and Foxconn will work to find new opportunities to seed WirelessHD technology into Foxconn’s existing customer base.
SiBEAM announces its collaboration with NVIDIA, the leading developer of
visual computing technologies and inventor of the GPU. SiBEAM and NVIDIA
have worked together to enable SiBEAM’s WirelessHD technology to operate
with NVIDIA GPUs when connected to an HDMI device. In addition, NVIDIA
and SiBEAM are working together to ensure NVIDIA’s 3DTV Play™ software
works seamlessly with SiBEAM Wireless HD to allow users to enjoy 3D
gaming, Blu-ray 3D, and 3D photos on an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. As a result of
this cooperation, multiple PC OEMs will be showcasing PCs at CES that
support both technologies working harmoniously.