Irvine, CA— December 17, 2010 —American Industrial Systems Inc. American Industrial Systems Inc. (AIS) introduces a line of
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Touch screen Panel PC´s available in 5.7", 7", and 10.1" compact form factor sizes. Power over Ethernet or PoE technology describes a system to safely transfer electrical power, along with data, to remote devices over standard category 5 cable in an Ethernet network. It does not require modification of existing Ethernet cabling infrastructure. The units support the latest POE standard IEEE 802.3at for up to 25.5 Watt power transmission capability over a standard cat 5 cable. AIS PoE wall mount touch screen terminals offer a cost effective solution by bringing power and data transfer via a standard twisted-pair Ethernet cabling in a network for building automation, remote maintenance, remote diagnostics and testing equipment.
AIS web-based PoE Ethernet I/O modules provide remote logic control and monitoring solutions to various industrial applications. The PoE Ethernet I/O module offers a user-friendly and intuitive web site interface that allows users to implement IF-THEN-ELSE control logic on controllers just a few clicks away; no programming is required. With its powerful and easy-to-use features, it will minimize the learning curve, shorten time to market and dramatically reduce the effort and cost spent on system development. This AIS AIW-7115 module supports Modbus/TCP protocol to make seamless integration with SCADA software. It features 16-bit, 7-channel RTD inputs. Each channel is allowed to configure an individual range that supports 3-wire RTD lead resistance elimination and open wire detection for RTD measurement.
AIS PoE HMI Terminals feature Touch screen technology, wide temperature -25 deg C. to 55 deg C operating capability, LED backlit LCD Panels, and ultra-low power consumption RISC and x86 based processors like the Intel® Atom™ series. Everything is packaged within a rugged industrial steel chassis, protecting the components from harsh industrial environments and durability. Long life cycle industrial grade components are utilized for high reliability and long product availability. Standard VESA 75mm spaced mounting holes are available on the rear and additional mounting clips are included for easy mounting to any fixture or wall. AIS´ new line of PoE Operator Interface Terminals provide a solution for companies looking to go green, increase their operating efficiency, reduce expensive cabling costs, and reduce their power consumption footprint.
Features and Benefits
- Scalability: AIS PoE touch screen terminal solutions provide LCD screen sizes in 5.7", 7" and 10.1"
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) industry standard: AIS touch screen PoE panel PC supports IEEE802.3at or IEEE802.3af Power Over Ethernet (PoE) technology
- Cost Saving: PoE powered device terminals to reduce the need for electricians to install conduit, electrical wiring, and outlets throughout the facility
- Simplified installation and space saving: AIS PoE wall mounted touch screen terminals are offering VESA mounting standard in anywhere with single cable between switch and Powered Device (PD)
- Flexibility: Power over powered device Ethernet operates using legacy cabling infrastructures of 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s or 1000 Mb/s
- Green & clean: AIS panel computers are integrated ultra-low voltage (ULV) processors and LED backlit LCD panel for cooling and energy consumption
- Wide Operating Temperature Capable: -25 deg. C to 55 deg. C
- HMI (Human Machine Interface) touch screen ready platform.
- Reliability: AIS rugged touch panel computers are industrial grade housing and components, IP54 rated, long-life LED backlights, high shock and vibration resistance, CE and FCC certified, and RoHS compliant
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is a leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty digital signage, industrial panel pc, industrial display and rugged tablet pc solutions for customers in the broadcasting, engineering & construction, gaming & entertainment, medical & healthcare, leisure & hospitality, mining, network & telecommunications, network security, oil & gas, petroleum, pharmaceuticals, pipelines, public & private educational services, railroads an d retail markets. AIS specialize in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. Whether your vision involves off-the-shelf displays or highly customized embedded computing solutions, AIS can supply the experience, technology, and resources you need to build it right and get you to market first. For additional information on AIS products and services, please Call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com.