"As LCD displays continue to gain traction in the computing, consumer and industrial markets, features like power, efficiency, accuracy and flexibility of the backlight drivers are all critical differentiators," said Ray Chan, technical marketing manager at AnalogicTech. "By offering a product family designed for a specific range of LCD panels – 10-inch to 22-inch in this case – we are able to offer a very powerful and effective approach to LCD power management."
The AAT1409/7/5 drivers operate from DC inputs, cigarette lighter adapters or multi-cell Li-ion batteries over the 4.5V to 26V range. The family is available in 8, 6 and 4 channels making them ideal for driving white LED (WLED) edge backlighting for LCD panels ranging from 10 to 22 inches in size. The drivers also support up to 100 kHz PWM dimming frequency to ensure silent operation.
An additional consideration is that many portable LCD devices are battery-powered and operate under low ambient lighting conditions or in power saving modes, so require low level backlight dimming to extend battery run time. The AAT1409/7/5 addresses this with a design that maintains high efficiency during low PWM duty cycles to reduce wasted energy during light load conditions. The driver's high resolution 1000:1 PWM dimming range delivers precise control of backlight brightness, equivalent to a 10-bit resolution.
Key Features and benefits:
- High-efficiency light load mode achieves up to 88 percent conversion efficiency at a 5 percent dimming duty cycle
- Step-up converter can deliver up to 360mA total LED current at a 45V operating voltage
- 100kHz PWM dimming frequency and optionally synchronized switching frequency to system clock reduces audible noise
- +/- 2 percent LED current accuracy and matching between strings
- Selectable switching frequency accommodates various inductor and capacitor sizes
- Up to 92 percent efficiency over wide input voltage (VIN) range of 4.5V to 26.0V
- LX rated to 50V
- Up to eight LED current sinks at 45mA each
- Flexible configurations with disable or parallel channels
- Open/shorted LEDs enable fault tolerance
- Current limit protection, over-voltage protection and over-temperature protection
- Soft-start to minimize inrush current
- TQFN34-24 low profile package
- -40 C to +85C operating temperature range
About Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc:
Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc. (AnalogicTech™) (Nasdaq: AATI) develops advanced semiconductor system solutions that play a key role in the continuing evolution of feature-rich, energy efficient electronic devices. The company focuses on addressing the application-specific power management needs of consumer devices such as mobile handsets, digital cameras, and netbooks/notebooks, as well as devices in a broad range of industrial, medical and telecom applications. AnalogicTech also licenses device, process, package, and application-related technologies. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, AnalogicTech has design centers in Santa Clara and Shanghai, and Asia-based operations and logistics. For more information, please visit www.analogictech.com (AnalogicTech - G).
The AnalogicTech logo is a registered trademark of Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc. AnalogicTech is a trademark of Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc. All other brand and product names appearing in this document are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc.
|Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc.
Headquarters, Karolien Cools-Wittry of AnalogicTech
Dave Richardson of Impress Public Relations
Email Contact for AnalogicTech