- "Despite the harsh economic climate, entries to the IBAs actually grew a bit this year, and that illustrates the increasing importance of The International Business Awards worldwide," said Michael Gallagher, president of The Stevie Awards, presenters of the IBAs. "We congratulate all of the honorees, and we look forward to recognizing them for their achievements at our gala awards dinner in Istanbul on the 27 of September."
- "As the leader of grid, cluster and cloud computing worldwide, Platform's 18-year history in creating shared computing infrastructures has forged the way for today's cloud computing evolution," said James Pang, Vice President Product Management, Platform Computing. "As a Canadian company, we're delighted to have Platform ISF recognized as a 'best new product of the year' in the computer software category alongside other innovative leaders in the international business community. This award validates both the need among enterprises for viable private cloud solutions and the desire to manage private clouds in an agnostic environment that can support both physical and virtual resources and allocate them as needed."
- Nicknamed the Stevie® for the Greek word "crowned," the awards will be presented to honorees at a gala dinner on Monday, September 27, 2010 in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Honorees were selected from more than 1,700 entries received from organizations and individuals in more than 40 countries. Honorees were determined through two rounds of judging by professionals worldwide.
- Organizations all over the world are eligible to compete in The International Business Awards, and can enter in any of more than 40 categories from Multinational Company of the Year and Best New Product of the Year to Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year and Executive of the Year.
- Cloud computing is one of the hottest and most talked about technologies on the market today that is evolving the way businesses run their IT departments by more efficiently sharing resources and maximizing compute power. Introduced to the market in June 2009, Platform ISF is the first private cloud management product that efficiently manages application workloads across multiple virtual and physical platforms.
- Platform ISF creates a shared infrastructure that can be used by any application, where resources are allocated to each application according to workload-smart and resource-aware policies. Private cloud environments deployed with Platform ISF allow IT departments to be more responsive to the needs of the enterprise by delivering application environments in minutes instead of weeks, while reducing IT costs through dramatically improved utilization with fewer resources.
- Complete lists of honorees and other details are available at www.stevieawards.com/iba.
About Platform Computing
Platform Computing is the leader in cluster, grid and cloud management software – serving more than 2,000 of the world's most demanding organizations. For 18 years, our workload and resource management solutions have delivered IT responsiveness and lower costs for enterprise and HPC applications. Platform has strategic relationships with Cray, Dell, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Red Hat, and SAS. Visit www.platform.com.
About The Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in four programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring companies of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about The Stevie Awards at www.stevieawards.com.
Premier Sponsor of The 2010 International Business Awards is Infogroup. National Sponsors include the Korea Business Communicators Association and the Public Relations Society of India. Supporting sponsor is McCann PR Romania. Localization Partner for the 2010 IBAs is Lionbridge.
SOURCE Platform Computing
2010 International Business Awards
North America: Carolina Grimm, Bateman Group
Phone: +1-415-503-1880 ext. 16
Email Contact Europe: Stuart Wragg, Hotwire
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7608 4672
Email Contact Asia Pacific: Lorraine Sutton, Platform Computing