"The dedicated e-reader is definitely the category star for chip vendors," says In-Stat analyst, Stephanie Ethier. "E-readers will continue double digital shipment growth over the next five years. By 2014, total silicon revenue for e-readers will reach $1.5 billion, comprising the second largest semiconductor TAM of the category."
In-Stat's findings include the following:
- E-reader unit shipments will reach 33.5 million units by 2014.
- Despite a maturing market, portable media players (PMPs) still represent the largest silicon revenue opportunity among the portable CE markets, reaching $1 billion in 2014.
- The processor total available market (TAM) for e-readers will reach $251 million by 2014.
- Shipments of wireless digital photo frames (DPFs) will start to outpace non-wireless DPF shipments by 2013.
- Personal navigation device (PNDs) shipments are set to decline in 2014 as a result of the proliferation of navigation capability in handsets.
Recent In-Stat research, Portable Entertainment Device Silicon and Non-Silicon Revenue Opportunity (#IN1004763ID) provides a worldwide view of both the silicon and non-silicon component markets for a variety of popular portable consumer electronic (CE) devices including:
- Digital Photo Frames (DPFs)
- Dedicated e-readers (such as Amazon's Kindle DX and Barnes & Noble's Nook)
- Audio-only MP3 Players
- Portable Media Players (PMPs)
- Personal Navigation Devices (PNDs)
To purchase this report online, please visit: http://www.instat.com/catalog/wcatalogue.asp?id=27
The price is $2,995 (US).
In-Stat's market intelligence combines technical, market and end-user research and database models to analyze the Mobile Internet and Digital Entertainment ecosystems. Our insights are derived from a deep understanding of technology impacts, nearly 30 years of history in research and consulting, and direct relationships with leading players in each of our core markets. In-Stat provides its research through reports, annual subscriptions, consulting and advisory services to inform critical decisions.
For more information, contact: Stephanie Ethier Senior Analyst Email: Email Contact Phone: (781) 879-3282 Rick Vogelei Marketing Manager Email: Email Contact Phone: (480) 483-4476