The well-know Chinese ARM9/ARM11 embedded device manufacturer Witech Co., Ltd recently released another Low cost ARM11 development kit for their TE6410-CORE System on Module with the name of OK6410. With the price of US$ 139.00 for an ARM11 OK6410 development kit plus a 4.3 inch TFT LCD, Witech pronounce that the OK6410 features the best price-performance ratio to date.
Not to mention the 4.3” TFT LCD. The OK6410 development kit features the Samsung S3C6410 micro processor clocked to 667MHz, 128MB DDR RAM, 256MB NAND Flash, and 12MHz, 48MHz, 27MHz, 32.768KHz clock source, and targets embedded development training, industrial control equipment, vehicle navigation device, HMI, multi-media terminal, POS terminal, PDA, etc. The Samsung S3C6410 is one of the highest performance mobile processors available today. Along with its speed, 2D/3D multimedia capabilities and rich memory support, it offers the industry’s broadest set of on-chip peripheral interfaces, including TFT-LCD 24-bit true-color controller, system manager for power management, 32-channel DMA, 4-channel timers and 12-bit ADC for touch-screen applications. All the major high-level operating systems are accommodated.
Beside the workhorse S3C6410 micro processor, 128MB DDR RAM and 256MB NAND Flash which are soldered on the 6-layer TE6410-CORE System on Module, the 4-layer OK6410 carrier board provides wide varieties of PC-style I/Os including USB Host, USB Slave, four serial ports, SD card slot, stereo audio IO, LCD/Touch screen interface, WIFI connector, CMOS camera connector and keypad connector and so on.
Specifications listed for the OK6410 include:
Core Board — 6 layer PCB, stable performance tested through electromagnetism
- Samsung S3C6410 microcontroller based on the ARM1176JZF-S core, main frequency @ 533/667MHz;
- 128MB DDRram;
- 256MB NAND Flash;
- 12MHz、48MHz、27MHz、32.768KH clock source;
- 5V power supply adaptable
Carrier Board— 4 layer PCB, stable performance tested through electromagnetism
- One reset button implemented with specific reset chip;
- 8-bit toggle switch for selecting boot mode;
- Four serial ports, including 1 5-wire RS232 and 3 3-wire RS232;
- One 100M Ethernet port with DM9000AE and indicators;
- One USB Host interface supporting USB1.1 protocol;
- One USB Slave (MINI-USB) interface supporting USB2.0 protocol;
- One high-speed SD card slot supporting SD Memory and SDIO;
- One WIFI expansion interface;
- Stereo audio I/O sockets;
- LCD and touch screen interface supporting 3.5”, 4.3”, 5.6”, 5.7”, 7”, 8” TFT LCD and 10” LVDS LCD;
- One CVBS output interface (PAL/NTSC)
- One CMOS camera connector supporting ITU-R BT601/656 8-bit mode;
- Built-in RTC (Real Time Clock) with back-up battery;
- One JTAG interface using 2*10pin connector;
- One digital temperature sensor (DS18B20);
- One Infrared receiver;
- Four user LEDs;
- One Buzzer;
- Three 2*10pin expansion interfaces. One of the expansion interface contains 1 x GND, 1 x DA, 8 x AD, 10 x IO, 1 x SPI., One for connecting 8 x 8 matrix keypad; the other one can be connected to the three TTL serial ports and 6 I/Os
In addition to the outstanding hardware specifications, Witech ( http://www.arm9board.net) also provide demo BSPs (Board Specific Packages) for a variety of Embedded Operating Systems including Mainline Embedded Linux, Windows CE, Android, and uCos/II. “Such demos should be quit helpful in shortening customers development circle and reduce their Time-to-Market”, says Witech.
Availability: The OK6410 development kit is available now with a 4.3 inch TFT LCD for US$139.00 at Witech’s official website http://www.arm9board.net.
About Witech: As a member unit of CSIA (China Software Industry Association) Embedded System Branch, Witech Co., Ltd. has gathered groups of professionals with capability to design, prototype and manufacture printed circuit boards, sub-assemblies and complete electronic products. Since the year of 2003, Witech is committed to the development of 8051, ARM7, ARM9, ARM11 and PowerPC based Embedded Systems (system on modules, development kits, evaluation boards, single board computers, software, applications and operating systems for embedded systems) for seven years. Through the 7 years, our devoutness to high quality, low price and comprehensive service has made us flourish in a very competitive marketplace.