"Bandwidth capacity requirements continue to increase, requiring a great degree of flexibility in the network. To support this level of agility, all of the components within an optical network must also be agile," said Craig Iwata, senior director of Marketing for the CCOP business segment at JDSU. "We've collaborated with our customers on a mix of new products that will help them get the most agility out of every network node in the most cost efficient way possible."
As businesses and consumers use more on demand applications such as video, increasing volumes of network traffic are entering networks in unpredictable ways. NEMs and service providers are evolving their networks to more sophisticated architectures that can flexibly support this traffic.
New products from JDSU will enable colorless and directionless architectures, essentially enabling any add/drop port to be switched to any degree in the ROADM node.
ROADMs add, drop, and switch wavelengths within an agile optical network. JDSU will introduce new ROADM products over the next six months tailored to meet various requirements that include:
- Mini 50 GHz High Port Count WSS -- Will offer an increased port count of 23 ports with the same size and performance as the 1x9 Mini 50 WSS. This will enable increased cost efficiencies in a compact form factor for applications requiring high numbers of add/drop ports and colorless and directionless applications.
- Mini 100 GHz Low Port Count WSS -- 1X2 and 1X4 WSSs designed to provide high performance but lower cost points for smaller-sized 100GHz applications.
- Mini 50 GHz Low Port Count WSS -- Will offer 1X2 and 1X4 WSSs designed for high performance at lower cost points for smaller-sized 50 GHz applications.
Tunable XFP Innovations
Tunable XFP transceivers, products responsible for sending and receiving signals within agile optical networks, provide a dramatically smaller, pluggable and cost effective solution compared to older transceiver products. They are transforming available fixed XFP ports into tunable interfaces. New tunable XFP products from JDSU will provide performance enhancements and include:
- Linear Tunable XFP+ Transceiver -- Will provide extended reach of 200km and enhanced tolerance to fiber impairments.
- Enhanced Tunable XFP Transceiver -- Will provide increased power for metro and regional applications and improved OSNR performance.
- Zero Chirp Tunable XFP Transceiver -- Designed to support long haul applications.
To see JDSU's new products and its entire AON portfolio, visit Booth # 2015 at OFC-NFOEC 2010 in San Diego, CA from March 23 - 25, 2010.
The statements contained in this press release that are not purely historical are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, any statement or implication that the products and technologies described in this press release (i) will be successfully introduced or marketed, (ii) will be qualified and purchased by our customers, or (iii) will perform to any particular specifications or performance or reliability standards. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that, if realized, could materially impair the Company's results of operations, business, and financial condition. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, (a) the failure of the products (i) to perform as expected without material defects, (ii) to be manufactured at acceptable volumes, yields, and cost, (iii) to be qualified and accepted by our customers, and (iv) to successfully compete with products offered by our competitors, and (b) factors discussed from time to time in reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date hereof, and the Company does not assume any obligation to update or qualify any of the statements made herein. Source: JDSU.
Contact Information JDSU Investors: Michelle Levine 408-546-4421 or firstname.lastname@example.org Press: Noel Bilodeau 408-546-4567 or Email Contact