At IPTV World Forum, equipment manufacturers and service providers will learn how Sigma/CopperGate's leading IPTV set-top box solutions can lower the cost of IPTV deployments, add profitable new services, and improve user viewing experiences.
Manufacturers will also learn how Sigma's Z-Wave is the most interoperable solution for managing home appliances and energy management and how it can become integrated into TVs, set-top boxes, and across the entire Smart Grid.
Sigma/CopperGate will also demonstrate the CopperGate HomePlug AV solution for home networking over powerline; and discuss G.hn, the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU-T) rapidly emerging standard for delivering Internet Protocol (IP) traffic across AC powerlines, coax cables and phone lines.
Rami Verbin, CTO of the Home Connectivity Business Unit will participate in a HomeGrid Forum seminar on G.hn, entitled, "ITU-T's Next-Generation Wired Networking Standard and the IPTV Revolution," along with other HomeGrid member companies, including Ikanos, DS2, Intel, and Lantiq. The seminar will offer service providers and network equipment manufacturers the information they need to deploy G.hn technology. The session will be held on Tuesday, March 23, 2010, starting at 11:00 a.m. A second session will be held at 2:30 p.m. Both sessions will be held in the Training Theatre on the exhibit floor.
Members of the press are invited to visit Sigma/CopperGate at IPTV World Forum in London, Stand 13.
Ken Lowe, Vice President, Strategic Marketing, Sigma Designs, Inc.
"Sigma brings the industry's most complete solution portfolio to developers of high-definition IPTV equipment. Because of our deep experience in providing media processing, home networking, and monitor/control along with highly advanced 3D image processing, we not only help lower the cost of IPTV equipment development and service deployment, but we actually improve the overall viewer experience."
Michael Weissman, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Sigma Designs, Inc.
"CopperGate is the industry's leader in delivering broadband access and IPTV over a home's coax and phone lines. So far, CopperGate-enabled IPTV installations have already generated more than $1 billion in new revenue for service providers worldwide. And with our HomePlug AV delivering IPTV over a home's electrical powerlines, and G.hn set to become a dominant universal standard, Sigma/CopperGate is the industry's most comprehensive home entertainment network solution provider."
- Sigma is a leading media-processor supplier for high-definition IPTV set-top boxes. Sigma's media processors power sophisticated on-screen guides and advanced features such as DVR, VoD, fast channel change, simultaneous multi-channel viewing, media-content streaming and sharing.
- Sigma's VXP® video processing ensures a consistent, more enjoyable viewing experience for both standard-definition and HD content. The company's high quality 3D graphics enable improved user experiences, gaming functionality and more.
- Sigma/CopperGate home entertainment network solutions are the first to support multiple home networking standards ( HomePNA for coax and phoneline, and HomePlug AV for powerline).
- Sigma's industry-standard Z-Wave solutions transform stand-alone devices into intelligent network nodes that can be controlled and monitored wirelessly. Applications for Z-Wave intelligence include home entertainment systems, lighting and appliance control, HVAC systems, security and access control, meter reading, and digital home health care.
- The Sigma/CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset gives service providers and CPE equipment manufacturers a cost-effective, reliable, and easy method for the distributing HD media content, including triple-play services and IPTV over a home's electric power lines.
- G.hn is the only proposed home networking standard with a unified solution for delivering IP traffic across AC powerlines, coax cables and phone lines. The new standard is the only one for performance improvements up to three times the existing standards available today.
- Sigma executive Rami Verbin will speak about G.hn at the HomeGrid Forum Session at IPTV World Forum. He brings 24 years of experience, most of them in the broadband networking and telecommunications industry. Rami earned MSEE and MBA degrees from the Tel-Aviv University and holds patents in a variety of communication technologies.
Sigma Designs is a leading fabless semiconductor provider of highly integrated system-on-chip (SoC) solutions that are used to deliver entertainment and control throughout the home. SoC solutions include media processing, wired and wireless networking, video image processing, and home control along with system software to form the critical components of consumer electronic products that include Internet protocol TV (IPTV) set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, high definition televisions (HDTV), and media communication devices. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., Sigma Designs has direct sales representatives in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe (Denmark), Israel, Japan, Taiwan and distributors in Singapore, Korea, Russia and India. For more information, please visit Sigma Designs' web site at www.sigmadesigns.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements about the anticipated features and benefits of Sigma's products, growing demand from consumers, projected timing and availability of solutions, and the expected use of Sigma's products. Actual results could vary materially from those projected in any forward-looking statements included herein as a result of various factors, including, but not limited to, worldwide economic conditions, the rate of growth of the market, changes in the customer's ability or desire to incorporate Sigma's chipsets and software into its product, consumer reaction to the new products and services being offered, the ability of Sigma to deliver sufficient quantity and quality of its chipsets, alternative offerings by competitors, and the ability of the parties to work together successfully to achieve the rollout of this new product. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Sigma undertakes no obligation to publicly release or otherwise disclose the result of any revision to these forward-looking statements that may be made as a result of events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
CopperGate is a Sigma Designs trademark in the U.S.A. and other countries. Sigma is a trademark or registered trademark of Sigma Designs in the U.S.A. and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned herein are believed to be trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contacts: CopperGate Michael Weissman (408) 262-9003 Email Contact Rainier Communications Karen Quatromoni (508) 475-0025 x150 Email Contact