HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/.
(1) This offer provides a Huddle premium account free for 30 days. Upon the end of the trial, users will be charged $75 per month. Users can downgrade to a free account or cancel their trial before the 30-day trial ends by emailing Email Contact.
(2) A free 30-day trial of Norton Online Backup comes installed on HP PCs with 5 GB of storage. Users also can purchase a 25 GB online storage plan for $39.99, a 20 percent savings, now until Dec. 31, 2009. Details are available at www.norton.com/hpnoel/en/other4. Offer valid in United States and Canada only. Internet access required.
(3) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(4) Instant-on Technology uses cutting-edge fuser technology to produce the first page faster when a printer is coming out of low power mode. An InfoTrends study shows the typical office print job is three to five pages long: www.infotrends.com/public/Content/Presentations/officeprinteruse.pdf. Actual results may vary.
(5) Estimated environmental savings calculated using the HP Carbon Footprint Calculator. Results assumed using the HP LaserJet P2055d, power off, HP Smart Web Printing and duplex printing. Actual results may vary.
(6) HP Support Assistant also is preinstalled on select PCs with Microsoft Windows Vista®.
Microsoft, Windows, Windows XP and Vista are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2009 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Melissa Zieger, +1-408-873-5045 (Editorial)
HP Media Hotline, +1-866-266-7272
Porter Novelli for HP
Suzanne Howard, +1-415-613-5940 (Editorial)