Important factors that may cause such a difference for AMD in connection with the sale of certain Handheld Graphics and Multimedia Assets include, but are not limited to:
• the ability of the parties to successfully consummate post-closing obligations contemplated by the Handheld acquisition agreement and related transaction documents;
• the possibility that the revenues, cost savings and other benefits expected from the transaction may not be fully realized by AMD or may take longer to realize than expected;
• delays associated with integrating the acquired Handheld assets, including applicable employees and operations;
• a downturn in the semiconductor industry;
• unexpected variations in market growth and demand for Handheld products and technologies specifically, and AMD products and technologies generally, and
• general economic and business conditions.
Other risks and uncertainties are described in AMD’s SEC reports, including but not limited to the annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 29, 2007, and its most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
The forward-looking statements in this release speak only as of this date. Neither AMD nor Qualcomm undertakes any obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason, except as may be required by law. All statements made by or concerning AMD or Qualcomm, respectively, are made solely by such applicable party and such party is solely responsible for the content of such statements.
Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Kira Golin, 1-858-651-1554
Qualcomm CDMA Technologies
Emily Kilpatrick, 1-858-845-5959
John Gilbert, 1-858-658-4813
Jo Albers, 1-512-602-3526 (PR)
Ruth Cotter, 1-408-749-3887 (IR)