Renesas Technology Introduces Dual-type Power MOSFET for More Efficient DC/DC Converters for Laptop PCs and Communication Devices

About Renesas Technology Corp.

Renesas Technology Corp. is one of the world's leading semiconductor system solutions providers for mobile, automotive and PC/AV (Audio Visual) markets and the world's No.1 supplier of microcontrollers. It is also a leading provider of LCD Driver ICs, Smart Card microcontrollers, RF-ICs, High Power Amplifiers, Mixed Signal ICs, System-on-Chip (SoC) devices, System-in-Package (SiP) products and more. Established in 2003 as a joint venture between Hitachi, Ltd. (TOKYO:6501) (NYSE:HIT) and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503), Renesas Technology achieved consolidated revenue of 951 billion JPY in FY2007 (end of March 2008). Renesas Technology is based in Tokyo, Japan and has a global network of manufacturing, design and sales operations in around 20 countries with about 26,800 employees worldwide. For further information, please visit http://www.renesas.com

Note to Editors: A specification summary of the new power MOSFET is included in this release and a device photo is available.

Notes:

  1.   Or 5.1 x 6.1 mm and 0.8 mm thick (max.)
 
2. High-side and low-side transistors: These circuit elements are used as non-isolated DC-DC converter switches, enabling voltage conversion to be performed by means of alternate on/off switching between the high and low sides of a transformer. For the high-side on-period, a short pulse of approximately 10 percent of one cycle is controlled. The remaining 90 percent is the on-period of the low-side element. Thus, a transistor whose characteristics emphasize switching speed is selected for the high-side element, while a different type of transistor whose characteristics emphasize low on-resistance is selected for the low-side element.
 
3. WPAK high-thermal-radiation package: In a power MOSFET, heat is generated due to on-resistance, switching, and other loss factors. The amount of current that can be controlled is determined by how efficiently this heat can be released from the package. The structure of a WPAK package allows heat to be conducted efficiently from a heat-dissipating die pad on the rear surface of the package to the board on which the device is mounted. This enables a larger current to be controlled.
 
4. On-resistance: The operational resistance of a power MOSFET. On-resistance is the most important parameter affecting power-MOSFET performance. Performance increases as on-resistance decreases.

« Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  Next Page »



Review Article Be the first to review this article
Synopsys: Custom Compiler

Featured Video
Editorial
Peggy AycinenaWhat Would Joe Do?
by Peggy Aycinena
Diversity: Really, who cares
More Editorial  
Jobs
Senior R&D Engineer...Timing Closure Specialist for EDA Careers at San Jose or Anywhere, CA
DDR 3-4-5 Developer with VIP for EDA Careers at San Jose, CA
Senior Front-End RTL Design AE for EDA Careers at San Jose, CA
Senior Methodology Automation Engineer for EDA Careers at San Jose, CA
Proposal Support Coordinator for Keystone Aerial Surveys at Philadelphia, PA
Upcoming Events
11th International Conference on Verification and Evaluation of Computer and Communication Systems at 1455 DeMaisonneuve W. EV05.139 Montreal Quebec Canada - Aug 24 - 25, 2017
The Rise of Mechatronics at Dassault Systèmes San Diego 5005 Wateridge Vista Drive San Diego CA - Sep 12, 2017
The Rise of Mechatronics at Buca di Beppo - Pasadena 80 West Green Street Pasadena CA - Sep 13, 2017
S2C: FPGA Base prototyping- Download white paper



Internet Business Systems © 2017 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes GISCafe - Geographical Information Services  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy