When you announce on the 21st, will you identify the IDM?
I doubt it knowing the way things usually work.
The top articles over the last two weeks as determined by the number of readers were:
HP Reports Second Quarter 2007 Results HP announced financial results for its second fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2007, with net revenue of $25.5 billion, representing growth of 13% year-over-year, or 10% when adjusted for the effects of currency. GAAP operating profit was $2.1 billion. As outlook HP estimates Q3 FY07 revenue will be approximately $23.7 billion to $23.9 billion.
Mentor Graphics Expands Questa Functional Verification Platform and Targets Low-power Designs Mentor announced it has expanded the comprehensive Questa verification solution which includes the new Questa 6.3 functional verification platform addressing low-power verification, and powerful verification management capabilities that enable closed-loop management reporting, analysis and documentation. It also includes improved debugging and version 3.0 of the industry's first open-source standards-based Advanced Verification Methodology (AVM).
The Questa 6.3 verification platform will ship in Q2 2007 and includes access to the Advanced Verification Methodology portal. Configurations start at $24,000 USD for a 12-month license.
Cadence Introduces Industry's First Complete Custom IC Simulation and Verification Solution Cadence unveiled Virtuoso Multi-Mode Simulation (release MMSIM 6.2), an end-to-end simulation and verification solution for custom IC that uses a common, fully integrated database of netlists and models to simulate analog, RF, memory, and mixed-signal designs and design blocks. This allows designers to switch from one simulation engine to another without compatibility issues or interpretation impacts, so consistency, accuracy, and design coverage are improved, while cycle time and risk are reduced. The overall result is lower cost of adoption, support, and ownership, and faster time to market.
Virtuoso Multi-Mode Simulation is tightly integrated with the new Virtuoso custom design environment, enabling a complete design-to-verification methodology.
Pro Design Launches Next Generation of CHIPit ASIC Prototyping Systems Pro Design, a leading supplier of high-speed ASIC and SoC verification platforms, today announced the launch of its CHIPit V5 series, the next generation of its successful CHIPit product family. The new generation of CHIPit High-Speed ASIC Prototyping Systems is very flexible, scalable and is available with 1 to 6 Xilinx Virtex-5 LX330 FPGAs. Depending on the configuration, the system handles ASIC design capacities up to 8 M ASIC gates
UMC Expands Support for Mentor Graphics' Calibre YieldAnalyzer to Deliver Production Proven DFM Flow Mentor announced that UMC has expanded its support for the Calibre nm Platform with Calibre YieldAnalyzer for all major design flows for its 90 (nm and 65nm processes. Mentor and UMC have worked collaboratively to introduce DFM capabilities that give designers highly valuable information to guide physical design improvements that can increase production yields.
Other EDA News
- Silicon Canvas Embraces Open Access
- DeFacTo Technologies Picks Verific HDL Component Software
- Cadence Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Bill Porter to Present at the Cowen and Company SMid-Cap Technology Conference
- Zuken and Aldec Partner to Offer Complete FPGA Design and Verification Flow
- Mentor Graphics and UMC Deliver Analog Mixed-Signal Reference Flow
- Yogitech Selects Mentor Graphics' Platform Express to Deliver IP-XACT Descriptions for Merchant IP Products
- Silicon Valley Technical Institute (SVTI) Signs Cooperation Agreement with Springer
- SigmaTel Selects Berkeley Design Automation Analog FastSPICE(TM) to Shorten Time-to-Market for Multimedia ICs
- Nangate Announces Next Generation Physical Re-Synthesis
- Mentor Graphics and Fujitsu Collaborate to Provide Calibre LFD Solution for Fujitsu's Internal and Fabless Customers
- MOSAID Introduces Industry's First Double Data Rate (DDR) SDRAM Physical Interface (PHY) Compiler
- Silicon Navigator Announces New Engines for the RDE Framework, Extends EDA Component Offerings for CAD Developers
- AWR's Analog Office 2007 Software Supports OpenAccess Database and Interoperable PCell Libraries Project
- Sigrity Breakthrough Solution for Multi-Domain IO Planning Delivers Unified Data Model for Real-time Evaluation
- Silistix CHAINarchitect Bridges Gap Between Conventional and Leading-Edge Interconnect Methodologies
- Real Intent Announces EnVision TCV, Timing Closure Verification Software Software plugs significant holes in timing closure for electronic design