ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 14, 2016 —
Dell announces its XPS 13, the company’s most award winning product in history, will introduce a new Rose Gold edition and other new features on Oct. 4 in the U.S. The world’s smallest 13-inch laptop, thanks to its virtually borderless InfinityEdge display, gives users a 13-inch edge-to-edge screen experience in an 11-inch frame – clocking in 17% smaller than the comparable MacBook Air. The XPS 13 will also feature a faster 7th generation Intel processor, the longest battery life of any 13-inch laptop and killer wireless for ultimate mobility. The starting price for the new XPS 13 is $799, XPS 13 Rose Gold is $1,149.99 and XPS 13 Developer Edition is $949. (Photo: Business Wire)
DELL INTRODUCES NEW LINEUP OF LAPTOPS WITH STUNNING VISUAL EXPERIENCES AND PERFORMANCE IN SMALL FORM-FACTORS
Dell, Inc. today announced new XPS and Inspiron laptops that deliver some of the best visual experiences with InfinityEdge screens and vibrant graphics for writing the first chapter of your future career, learning about a country you’ve never been to, binge-watching your favorite TV program and more. With multiple sizes, colors and configurations, Dell’s new Windows 10 PC lineup has every individual, student and family covered for their entertainment, computing and content creation needs.
“At Dell, we’re constantly striving to provide the best viewing experience for all of our customers - no matter which line of products they choose,” says Ray Wah, senior vice president, Dell Consumer Product Marketing. “The latest additions to the XPS and Inspiron lines with industry leading InfinityEdge displays blend performance and portability and deliver the viewing experience Dell is renowned for.”
The new lineup of Dell laptops includes:
XPS 13 – World’s Smallest 13-inch Laptop with Ultimate Viewing Experience
Designed and built for premium performance, mobility and visual fidelity, the new XPS 13 is still the smallest 13-inch laptop on the planet with a virtually borderless InfinityEdge display, and now offers even more power, better battery life and a stylish new Rose Gold color. Features include:
- New beautiful, Rose Gold color available in two configurations:
- Intel 7th Generation Core i5; 8GB memory1; 256GB SSD2; 13.3-inch FHD
- Intel 7th Generation Core i7; 8GB memory1; 256GB SSD2; 13.3-inch QHD+ with Touch
- New powerful 7th Generation Intel Core processors
- New larger 60WHr battery delivering longer battery life, up to 22 hours on FHD and up to 13 hours3 on QHD+
- New Killer 1535 Wireless-AC technology for strong and reliable WiFi connection
- Dell’s exclusive virtually borderless and premium Full HD or UltraSharp QHD+ InfinityEdge display
- Stunning 13.3-inch screen in an 11-inch frame
- Smallest 13-inch notebook on the planet and 17 percent smaller than the comparable MacBook Air 13-inch4. Starting at 2.7lb5 and measuring a super slim 9-15mm
- Constructed with machined aluminum, carbon fiber and Corning Gorilla Glass for incredible durability and stunning design
- Developer Edition also available, preloaded with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Inspiron 15 & 17 5000 Laptops – Brilliant Colors and Features to Fit Your Style
Designed to deliver exceptional value, the Inspiron 15 5000 is perfect for individuals and families who share a PC, while the Inspiron 17 5000 is a great desktop replacement, reducing the clutter of a stationary setup and allowing you to take your projects or entertainment on the go. Features include:
- New thinner design for portability and an array of fun colors6 including Sparkling White, Midnight Blue, Fog Night, Matte Gray, Black, Bali Blue, Tango Red, Cosmic Purple
- Vibrant, optional FHD display for beautiful graphics with optional touch on 15-inch version
- TrueColor7 makes images and video up to twice as more vibrant and more realistic
- Optional infrared camera with Windows Hello lets you log in with just a look (15-inch FHD touch configuration only)
- DVD drive with optional Blu-ray writer8 for extra storage and watching videos
- Fast, responsive performance with up to the latest Intel 7th Generation Core i7 processors, roomy storage and optional discrete graphics
Protect your technology no matter where your adventures take you with Dell Premium Support, Dell’s service for consumer PCs that gives customers proactive automated support for both hardware and software. Dell is the first and only company to combine proactive automated support with 24/7 access to expert technicians, on-site service after remote diagnosis, and support for both hardware and software issues.9
Customers in the US can make the most of their purchase by signing up for Dell Advantage Rewards, the free award-winning loyalty program which provides access to free second business day shipping10 and five percent back in rewards for use on future purchases. Dell Advantage Loyalty Program members11 in Canada get five percent back on a Dell ePromotional Card12 for all Dell.ca purchases over $100 (excluding taxes and fees).
Pricing and Availability
- The XPS 13 is available on Oct. 4 and the starting price for the XPS 13 is $799 USD, XPS 13 Rose Gold is $1,149.99 USD and XPS 13 Developer Edition is $949 USD.
- Inspiron 15 and 17 5000 are available starting Oct. 4 at $549.99 USD.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
1System memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
2 Hard Drive capacity varies with preloaded material and will be less.
3 Based on testing using the Mobile Mark 2014 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit www.bapco.com. Actual battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on product configuration and use, software, usage, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time.
4 Based on Principled Technologies Report of August 2016, the smallest refers to total surface area of the notebooks. Full report found here. http://www.principledtechnologies.com/Dell/XPS_13_9360_comparison_0916.pdf
5 Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
6 Color availability will vary. See website for availability in your area.
7 Intel® versions only
8 Blu-ray writer not available on 17” AMD version
9 Based on a Dell analysis dated April 2016. Some Premium Support features are not available on all products. In EMEA, English only support after business hours. Remote diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue. If issue is not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched. Onsite response times may vary depending on product’s geographical location. See Dell.com/servicecontracts.
10 Second Business Day Shipping is not available on TVs 40” or larger and 55” Dell Branded Monitors. Other exceptions apply. See dell.com/rewardterms.
11 Dell Advantage Loyalty Program (CA): Program is intended for individual consumer (i.e. home) customers and is not applicable to business or reseller accounts. Eligible on weekly purchases totaling $100 or more.