“Since the inception of our 2016 guidance in February we anticipated a first half led by recurring software revenue and that is precisely what has occurred. And we said we expected to deliver a marked acceleration in new licenses revenue growth and to make investments to support our future growth trajectory in the second half and that is precisely what we expect to do.
“Therefore, we are reconfirming our financial objectives for 2016 thanks to the strong traction coming from 3DEXPERIENCE and industry diversification as well as the improving sales trends in our Professional channel with SOLIDWORKS.
“Finally, with respect to the upcoming third quarter, our revenue growth objective reflects a significant improvement in our new licenses revenue performance and continued recurring software revenue strength. Further, taking into account currency headwinds and one-time, R&D tax credit and tax-related benefits in the year-ago period, our EPS growth remains on a double-digit trajectory.”
The Company’s third quarter and full year 2016 financial objectives are as follows:
- Third quarter 2016 non-IFRS total revenue objective of about €715-725 million based upon the exchange rates assumptions below; non-IFRS operating margin of about 30% to 30.5%; and non-IFRS EPS of about €0.54 to €0.57; The Company noted that in the 2015 third quarter, there was the reversal of a R&D tax credit with a one-time benefit to the non-IFRS operating margin of about 90 basis points and to non-IFRS EPS of about 2 cents and the reversal of a tax reserve with a one-time benefit to non-IFRS EPS of about 4 cents.
- 2016 non-IFRS revenue growth objective of about 6% to 7% in constant currencies at €2.990 to €3.015 billion (reflecting the principal 2016 currency exchange rate assumptions below);
- 2016 non-IFRS operating margin of about 31%, compared to 2015 where the non-IFRS operating margin was 30.8%;
- 2016 non-IFRS EPS of about €2.40, representing a growth objective of about 7%, as reported, and currently embedding about 4 percentage points of currency headwinds;
- Objectives are based upon exchange rate assumptions of US$1.15 per €1.00 for the 2016 third quarter and US$1.13 per €1.00 for the full year; and JPY120 per €1.00 for the third quarter and JPY122.2 per €1.00 for the full year before hedging.
The Company’s objectives are prepared and communicated only on a non-IFRS basis and are subject to the cautionary statement set forth below.
The 2016 non-IFRS objectives set forth above do not take into account the following accounting elements and are estimated based upon the 2016 principal currency exchange rates above: deferred revenue write-downs estimated at approximately €2 million, share-based compensation expense, including related social charges, estimated at approximately €78 million and amortization of acquired intangibles estimated at approximately €149 million. The above objectives also do not include any impact from other operating income and expense, net principally comprised of acquisition, integration and restructuring expenses, from one-time items included in financial revenue and from one-time tax restructuring gains and losses. Finally, these estimates do not include any new stock option or share grants, or any new acquisitions or restructurings completed after July 21, 2016.
Today’s Webcast and Conference Call Information
Today, Thursday, July 21, 2016, Dassault Systèmes will first host a meeting in Paris, which will be simultaneously webcasted at 9:00 AM London time/10:00 AM Paris time and will then also host a conference call at 9:00 AM New York time/ 2:00 PM London time/3:00 PM Paris time. The webcasted meeting and conference call will be available via the Internet by accessing http://www.3ds.com/investors/. Please go to the website at least 15 minutes prior to the webcast or conference call to register, download and install any necessary audio software. The webcast and conference call will be archived for 1 year.
Additional investor information can be accessed at http://www.3ds.com/investors/ or by calling Dassault Systèmes’ Investor Relations at 18.104.22.168.69.24.
Key Investor Relations Events
Third Quarter 2016 Earnings, October 25, 2016
Fourth Quarter 2016 Earnings, February 2, 2017
Statements herein that are not historical facts but express expectations
or objectives for the future, including but not limited to statements
regarding the Company’s non-IFRS financial performance objectives, are