"The imagination of the creator is limitless so much so that the professional creator consumes all available resources to produce new and never before seen designs and experiences. Some professional creative workflows demand very high bandwidth memory subsystems while others demand high memory size. AMD pioneered the era of High Bandwidth and Ultra Efficient Memory through the introduction of HBM technology in 2015 and will bring it to content creators with the introduction of Radeon Pro Duo graphics. With the new AMD FirePro W9100 32GB, AMD is unleashing the world's largest memory size professional workstation graphics card," said Raja Koduri, senior vice-president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group (RTG), AMD. "Along with exceptional hardware, AMD is also delivering software tools to leverage our high bandwidth and large memory GPU configurations effectively."
At the 2016 NAB Show StudioXperience's AMD FirePro GPU Zone (booth SL2425), attendees can experience powerful technologies showcased in industry-leading creation applications demonstrating how to efficiently balance content creation workloads with outstanding visual quality, application responsiveness and compute performance. The exhibit showcases solutions from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Dell, HP and Rhino offering attendees a range of hands-on workflow experiences powered by AMD FirePro professional graphics, including:
- An AMD product showcase demonstrating support for a VR production workflow featuring the new AMD FirePro W9100 32GB graphics card for speed and ultra-high-definition visual performance, and the Radeon Pro Duo graphics card -- which forms the world's most powerful platform for virtual reality (VR)(2) when combined with the AMD LiquidVR SDK, capable of both creation and consumption of VR content. The AMD FirePro W9100 32GB graphics card is also designed for Computer-Aided Engineering (Siemens NX Nastran, SIMULIA Abaqus) and Visualization tools (AutoDesk VRED 2016).
- An Autodesk demonstration featuring the AMD FireRender plug-in designed for Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2016 powered by an HP workstation with dual AMD FirePro W9100 professional graphics.
- An AMD FirePro graphics demonstration offering increased color accuracy and support for display resolutions up to 4k, as well as GPU-acceleration to empower content creation with the Adobe video tools, including Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC and Adobe After Effects® CC.
- A free interactive photorealistic ray trace renderer for the forthcoming Rhino version 6 that works inside the Rhino viewport for physically correct material with rendering technology based on the OpenCL-accelerated AMD FireRender plug-in.
The AMD professional graphics cards are on display with hardware and software leaders at the 2016 NAB Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada at booths SL2425 and SL10227 and during ShowStoppers at NAB 2016.
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter @AMDFirePro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter @AMD
- Discover AMD FirePro W9100
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies -- the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro, LiquidVR, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices Inc. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) AMD FirePro W9100 features up to 32GB of GPU memory. Nvidia's highest memory card in the market as of April 2016 is the Quadro M6000 with 24GB. Visit http://images.nvidia.com/content/pdf/quadro/data-sheets/NV-DS-Quadro-M6000-24GB-US-NV-fnl-HR.pdf for Nvidia product specs. FP-194
(2) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of March 7, 2016 on the AMD Radeon Pro Duo, AMD Radeon R9 295X2 and Nvidia's Titan Z, all dual GPU cards, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB memory, Nvidia driver 361.91, AMD driver 15.301 and Windows 10 using 3DMark Fire Strike benchmark test to simulate GPU performance. PC Manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 1080p, 1440p, and 2160P, AMD Radeon R9 295X2 scored 16717, 9250, and 5121, respectively; Titan Z scored 14945, 7740, and 4099, respectively; and AMD Radeon Pro Duo scored 20150, 11466, and 6211, respectively, outperforming both AMD Radeon R9 295X2 and Titan Z. RPD-1
Contact: John Swinimer AMD Public Relations (289) 695-0600 Email Contact